forty two

(TYLER'S POV)

I found the beer quicker than I expected, so I guess the 'laced weed' that Ryan was smoking had to be pretty damn strong.

Him and Savannah were the only thing on my mind. What were they doing while I was gone? They couldn't have done too much, since Sav was on her period, but still. Where was his hands? On his lap on on her legs? Where was his eyes? On the short dress she was wearing or on hers?

I wanted to call her to make sure she would only be talking to me the whole time I was out, but why be that petty? She could handle herself on her own, and I'm sure that she would know when to stop. If, that is, anything started.

When I got back to the house, I headed towards the kitchen. Alicia was there talking to her friend. I sat the beers down and she turned her head towards me. "Oh shit, thanks Tyler." She ripped the case open and threw a couple of the cans into the cooler in the kitchen.

"Yeah, no problem." I muttered. I turned back around to look for Sav and Ryan in the dining room, but they weren't there. Please, not today, I thought.

I peeked into the living room and saw them sprawled out on the couch. Ryan was sitting on one end while Sav laid her whole body out, her long legs and feet on Ryan's lap. My heart dropped a bit when I saw their bodies touching each other, but what could I do?

I walked over quietly, placing a hand on Sav's head. Her blonde was growing back a bit. She looked up at me and a smile appeared on her face. "Hey."

"Hey." I said with a tight smile. Sav sat up and motioned for me to sit in between her and Ryan. I sat, instantly placing an arm around her neck and pulling her close. A giggle left her mouth, lighting sparks thought my body.

"Did everything go okay?" Sav asked looking into my eyes. Her eyes lowered to my lips for a quick second.

"It was fine." I leaned in and gave her what she wanted, a kiss on her soft lips. They lingered there for a little before I went in for another, trying my hardest not to use any tongue. I pulled away and smiled.

"Next time don't be so stubborn go off by yourself. Maybe I wanted to go."

I raised my eyebrows. "You didn't say that earlier. You said that-"

"I know what I said Tyler." A small grin appeared on her face. "You just had me worried a bit." Her hands went for my cheekbone to caress it like it always did, but this time her touch wasn't as warm as it usually was.

"I'm sure you were." I said looking away. The TV was playing a show I never seen before, and a couple of people were watching it. "I'm gonna go grab me something to eat." I kissed Sav's cheek and got up.

"Okay." She said quietly.

I wasn't really hungry. I just wanted to get away from her. I don't know if I was just being uneasy or if she was pulling some type of joke. Either way, she was creeping me out a bit and I didn't enjoy it.

I headed back into the kitchen and Alicia and her friend was still there. I checked the cooler for a beer, one that was cooler than the ones I just bought. There was a bunch of Bud Light at the bottom. Great.

"You okay Tyler?" Alicia called out. She was sitting at a small table with her friend as they looked at me with concern.

"Yeah, I'm good. I'm just.." I popped the beer open and took a nice sip. The taste wasn't great but I needed something to get myself buzzed. "I don't know, I'm just a little uneasy I guess."

Alicia gave me a pout before motioning to sit at the table with her. I shuffled over and sat down while drinking more of my beer. I sat next to the Alicia's friend, who gave me a welcoming smile. "What's wrong? You do seem a little on edge." Alicia said.

I shrugged. "It's Savannah. I don't know if I should be saying this, but she's just..." I shook my head, looking for the right words. "She's making me nervous."

"What do you mean? What's making you nervous?" She leaned in. "You mean her and Ryan?"

I nodded, taking another swig of my Bud Light. "They're just, pretty close, like I walked into the living room just now and her feet and her legs were like, laying on him. I wanted to say something, but what could I say you know? It's annoying."

Alicia nodded in understanding while her friend next to me rolled her eyes. "She's always been like that."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Really?"

She nodded. "Whenever it came to Ryan, she was on it. They were always up to some type of mischief. Like that day she got herself out of school early to go see him?" She looked at Alicia nodded her head.

"That was insane. I was with her when she did that. Ryan woke up late and said he wasn't coming to school so he texted her. She decided to write a note like her parents would have that excused her to get out early, and she handed it to the office and they let her go." She ran a hand through her hair, shaking her head.

"Wouldn't you need like, a parent to pick you up though? How'd she get away with that?" I asked. This sounded like nothing Sav would do. Especially for me.

They both shrugged. "I think she included in the note that her parents needed her to do a like, self dismissal since both parents couldn't leave work early. I don't know how they didn't check into that more, but somehow she got away with it. To this day I don't think her parents ever found out."

The girl next to me shrugged. "And Ryan is just as bad. He was so into her only because she did so much crazy shit, and she was always down for something."

"That's true." Alicia said. "That's also probably why he thought Jessica would be the same way."

Jess. Where was she? "Do you know where she is?"

Alicia looked at me puzzled. "You know who she is?"

Fuck. "Uh, yeah." I rubbed the back of my neck. "I met her while I was in a club one night, a couple of weeks ago."

"At a club. Sounds like the type of deadbeat thing she would do." The girl next to me shook her head.

"Since you guys met at a club, does that mean..." Alicia looked into my eyes, making symbolic gestures with her hands.

I nodded. "Yeah, and I regret it. Sav found out too and she flipped shit. It was bad."

Alicia's friend let out a laugh. "Also sounds like the deadbeat thing she would do. She's a fucking joke."

"Hey, no need to be like that Amy. Jess is a good person. Oh, and to answer your question Tyler, she wasn't in this class. She graduated before us, so why invite her to something like this, you know?" Alicia smiled at me.

"Wasn't like she liked any of us anyway." Amy sighed.

I raised my eyebrows at her. "Sounds to me you don't like her."

Amy turned her heads towards me. "I don't. I don't like her, or Ryan. And to be honest, I never really like Sav when she was around Ryan, which was constantly so I don't really care for her either. I know that's your girlfriend, but she always used to rub me the wrong way."

I nodded, not saying anything concrete so someone could hold it against me. There was obviously more to Sav's high school career than her self-deemed misery and her hatred for Jessica and Ryan. Why she didn't tell me any of this, God only knew but I would think she would have enough respect for me to tell me. Everything I didn't want to happen, was happening. Fast.