Castiel's Little Green Monster

Start from the beginning

      Was that a threat or a challenge?

      I searched his eyes. His hands were on either side of me on the bed. But he was standing, and I was sitting. We weren't touching. But I wish we were. "Let's say I'm not smart" I bite my lip, searching his eyes and looking at his lips for the smallest second. 

      He brushes a stray curl of auburn hair away from my face, and behind my ear. His lips are so close that only a few inches might separate the space between us. Still, Xavier wants to be safe. He doesn't kiss me. Instead, disappointment crosses his features and he leans away a little. His hand brushes my own wrist, where the five-letter tattoo itches at my skin. It's glittering yellow. Another secret to keep. Pride. For some reason, it makes the corners of Xavier's lips perk up in the smallest of smiles. I want to separate those few inches, but I don't. His breath smells delicious. Like dripping honey. Luring me in more and more. Unraveling all of me until he's got me wrapped around his little pinky finger.

      Kiss me and I'll stain those lips red.

      Xavier flinches a little, and shrinks back when there's a knock on the door. His tattoo loses his glittering glamour and returns to it's normal color of dark red. The color of blood. The pink fades from his cheeks. "And that same pride could be your downfall." He murmurs. When there's a knock on the door, Harley and Castiel are in the doorway.

      Cedric and Castiel's servant where nowhere to be seen.

      "Sorry, sweetheart." Castiel looks from ashen-faced Xavier back to me. The tattoo on my wrist still itched a little, still glittered ever so slightly. Secrets upon my red lips and threatening to escape. "Was I interrupting anything?" Even I had to admit that Castiel looked... Looked stylish. His blonde-brown hair seems darker somehow, and still hangs in his eyes. He wears a white dress shirt, the top two buttons open and a tie loosely hanging, with the sleeves rolled up. Suspenders are attached to his black pants. Despite the change, he's more arrogant with more class, and two could play that game. 

      I smile sweetly. "No."

      Xavier quickly recovers. "Of course not," he looks from me and back to Castiel. A pang of annoyance fills my chest. Moments ago, if he had separated those few inches, the red-lipstick staining his lips would have betrayed him. And now, he felt very unwelcome. "I know when I'm not welcome. I'll go." He glances towards me once before heading for the door. "See you later."

      Castiel stops Xavier on his way out the door. "Remember, Reyes. Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer." He was so close to Xavier, I could practically see the anger radiating off of Xavier's skin. "Touch a competitor again, and I'll shove you into Tartarus myself. Are we clear?" Castiel had Xavier cornered against the wall; and I could see a fight brewing between their eyes, threatening for the monster to be let loose. He was so close, almost as close as I had been. Despite Xavier being slightly taller, Castiel was matching with power. He held Xavier's shirt between his fingers. "I said: 'are we clear?', Reyes?"

       Humiliated, Xavier glances at me and then back at Castiel. He shoves Castiel off of him, smoothing down his shirt. "If you touch me again while I'm off duty, I'll end your sorry existence." 

       Castiel and Xavier locked gazes. 

      Harley motions to me. Do something I can see her pink lips move. Pink was definitely her color.

      But what could I do? Two gorgeous men were about to fight because of me. I brought them here for this moment. I could still see the hatred pooling in Xavier's eyes, and the threat in Castiel's. "If I see you with Ariel tonight, if you lay a finger on her, you're going to be sorry." He left enough space for Xavier to leave, and he was slowly beginning to slink back towards the door. "You'll have better fun with Angelique from what I've heard. The walls have eyes, and the rooms can whisper." Cameras. "Remember that."