Chapter 90

-The next morning-
Emma's POV
I wake up and yawn stretching out. I run my eyes, still tired. I couldn't sleep that well last night. I was having nightmares. I got to do this. I left on my terms so I have to stick with it. But... No. I have to. But she means alot to me. No. Stop thinking about her. You're better off without her. You have to be. I get up off my bed and get changed. I make my way downstairs to see my mum sat on the couch. I make my way towards the--- WAIT! My mum?! She's alive?! I go back into the lounge and I actually see my mum there.
"Mum!" I shout happily. She stands up and smiles at me. I run to her and hug her.
"I missed you mom." I say.
"I missed you too darling." She replies. I pull back and then frown.
"How are you here mama?" I ask.
"I'm not sure how I'm here but I'm here. Now answer my question. Why did you leave Melanie?" She says sticking an eyebrow up and crossing her arms.
"I couldn't handle it mama. The pain. The hurt. The stress. I couldn't handle it. I'm moving on. I'm becoming happy." I say smiling weakly. I already miss her.
"Oh darling. If only you knew." She says looking me in the eyes.
"If only I knew what?" I ask.
"Melanie. She is forcing herself to fall into a proper coma but at the moment. It's failing. She is going to wake up today. I know it." I shake my head.
"Mama. I don't care anymore. I moved on." I say looking down. I feel a knot forming in my stomach. I can't move on. I will always care. Mama sighs. She walks upstairs and I hear her enter a room. A few minutes later, I hear her calming breaths and a little snoring. I laugh a little. I feel a sudden pain in my stomach and groan clutching at it. Shit this hurts. I look down and then back up. Ok. U can do this. I walk forwards but then fall to the floor. I pull up my top and look at my stomach to see the Guilt cut into it. I sigh. I miss her. My phone goes off and I stand up ignoring the pain. I look at the ID and sigh. Stefan. I click answer and put it to my ear.
S-Emma. It's Melanie.
E-I don't care Stefan. Please just leave me be.
S-She's awake Emma. She needs you right now. Please come back.
E-I can't Stefan. You have to understand that. Please.
S-But Emma. She needs you. Please come back.

I don't reply to that and hang up. To be happy, I need to forget. And to forget, I have to move on. I breathe out and put down my phone. I go into the kitchen and grab a blood bag. It doesn't taste right. I shrug and finish it. I hear the door open and hear Clara's voice.
"Emma?! Are you home?!" She shouts. I rush in and give her a hug. I instantly start crying. Clara starts rubbing my back telling me it will be ok.
"It won't. I left her. I left her when she needed me the most. I miss her." I sob.
"Go back then. Everything will be ok. Just go back to her." She replies gently.
"I can't. I'm scared." I admit.
"Why are you scared?"
"I'm scared she isn't going to want me there. I'm scared she won't accept me anymore. I'm scared that she isn't going to want me back in her life." I say sniffling.
"She want you back. She will always want you back. Just go and apologise. Tell her you didn't mean it."
"But what if she doesn't believe me?"
"She will. I'm sure of it. You mean everything to her. She won't be able to live without you. Just go. She will believe you and she will always always want you back. No matter what." I smile.
"Thanks. I'll wait till she is out of hospital. I love you Clara."
"And I love you too. Now, phone up Stefan and ask him when Melanie will be out of hospital." She orders. I sigh and pick my phone back up. I call Stefan and he answers at the 5th ring.
S-Emma? Why did you phone back?
E-Hey Stef. When does Melanie get out of the hospital?
S-Maybe a week or 2. Why?
E-Ok. Tell her I'm going to come back and see her when she's out of hospital.
S-You're coming back? Thats.... Thats good.
E-What's wrong Stef?
S-Nothing. Just.. Something happened with Melanie after you hung up.
E-What happened?
S-She had a panic attack. A severe one. They had to sedate her.
E-A severe panic attack? Is she ok?
S-She's fine. She kept whispering something to do with you. She kept saying 'She's gone. My bestest friend is gone'. She wouldn't say anything else. She misses you Em.
E-I miss her too.
S-Then come back now. Please. She needs you. Right here by her side telling her that everything will be ok.
E-I can't Stefan. I'll be there in 2 weeks ok? Bye Stef.
S-Bye Emma.

He hangs up and I sigh. She had a panic attack. I miss her.
"You know. You should go back now." I hear my mother's voice.
"I can't mama." I say and walk out. I just walk around town trying to get my mind off of Melanie. I need to do this.