There's a First Time For Everything

Jackson couldn't think of a single wrong doing he had previously done to deserve this. He blamed it all on JB.

Though, he blamed the foreign drumming noise in his chest and the slight churn in his stomach on the boy named Kunpimook.

---

Jackson stared at the boy smiling before him. What a cheeky smile. He thinks, but at the same time, he's probably thinking about how cute it looks. Probably. But then again, he's also thinking something along the lines of 'I'm Jackson! You should know that! Everyone knows that!'

"Jackson... My name's Jackson." He says without any kind of tone really, while continuing to bore holes through poor Kunpimook. Jackson doesn't notice this until it finally dawns upon him that the boy before him is squirming around awkwardly under his gaze. "Oh, sorry." Cover it up, cover it the fuck up, Jackson. "I was just admiring how beautiful you are." He says with a slight smile.

(And here is where you start to feeling sympathetic because this would be you as well.)

Because unfortunate Kunpimook doesn't know how to deal with any sort of cheesiness, especially greasy lines coming from a man that had just asked him out.

Jackson watches as his words set the boy's face ablaze with a bright pink that rivals the shade of his own hair. He watches as the boy opens his mouth and makes incoherent noises before closing it and looking down at the ground.

Cute.

Wait what?

Jackson shakes the thoughts out of his head and looks at the boy before him. He clears his throat awkwardly before flashing the boy his trademark smile (or so he thinks.) "Well, if you need more time to think, that's fine." He says, watching the other boy nod slightly, still looking at his feet. "Would you like to accompany me for lunch?" Jackson blurts out.

Wait, did i just do that? Well, whatever.

"To get to know me better, you know." He quickly adds on without thinking.

Nice save. Jackson watches as the boy fidgets uncomfortably in front of him.

The plan was hanging by a thread. His pride and money were one arm's length away from Im Jaebum's reach and he could snatch it anytime he wanted to. But Wang Jackson wouldn't let that happen, never in his lifetime. Kunpimook was just an innocent kid-- Jackson (partially) understood that.

He almost sighed in relief when he saw the boy's head bob slightly, still staring at the ground. Jackson brought his hand up to scratch the back of his head awkwardly and began to walk towards the cafeteria. He turned his head to see Kunpimook tail him quietly, eyes darting everywhere around the hallway but avoiding all the pointed glances cast towards the duo. The former sighed, reaching out to grab the other boy's arm and pulling him close to his side. (hella smooth.)

"Sorry about that." Jackson says nonchalantly (correction: as nonchalantly as be can), earning a confused look from the other.

"Sorry about what?" Kunpimook, with wide eyes, continues before Jackson even opens his mouth as if he had read Jackson's mind. "Them? Why? It's not your fault."

And for some unknown reason, Jackson finds himself unable to respond. He instead just smiles sheepishly and awkwardly scratches the back of his head with his free hand, pulling Kunpimook in closer (for some reason.)

They make their way to the cafeteria together with a heavy silence hanging over their heads. When the two neared the cafeteria, Kunpimook pulled away from Jackson's side with a slightly apologetic smile and suddenly Jackson feels like he's about to lose something (either Kunpimook or the bet, he's not really sure.)