The truth is out

UNCLE CHRISTIAN'S PIC AT THE SIDE---------------------

  ‘Tell ME something? Oh wait you guys have been hiding something from me?’ I tried to act suspicious.

‘Umm…well yes’ mom said ‘why don’t we discuss this over breakfast...Freshen up honey and meet us downstairs’ and with that they both left my room.

I didn’t even wait for a second to think; I just quickly got up and ran to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and my hair and then ran as fast as I could downstairs. I was really eager to find out. I was hoping they would tell me about the guns. I decided to be optimistic and think that my parents were secret agents or spies. I mean my mom did look hurt after I confessed my dream.

When I reached the kitchen mom was sitting by the counter talking on the phone her face towards my back. After what it seems like minutes she put the phone down. Dad went up to her and sat down beside her. They were murmuring something, they hadn’t noticed my. ‘She’s too young…..Christian ….missing…dangerous’ that’s all could catch.

"Wait  ...WHAAA? Uncle Christian is missing? What the hell!! ‘UNCLE CHRISTIAN IS MISSINGG??" I screamed. Mom and dad jumped from their chairs from my sudden outburst, their faces paled. ‘WELL are you going to say something!’ I demanded.

Suddenly mom looked at my face with tears in her eyes, her face looked heartbroken. Dad looked really low. ‘moooom..daaad’I said slowly ‘are you going to tell me what’s going on…what happened to uncle Chris?’

Suddenly mom burst into tears at the mention of her brother’s name. I quickly ran towards her and pulled her into a hug. I was terrified by her reaction…what happened?

‘c-ch-chrstian..is…d-dead..h-his ..body..i-is’ mom stuttered crying. ‘Missing’ dad finished. Just as they finished, I fell to the ground in a shock. I couldn’t even move.

Suddenly memories of my times with Uncle C came rushing back into my mind. Whenever he used to visit me he used to get me presents and used to call me ’Clair bear’. It was the nickname he gave to me when I was a kid. Only he was allowed to call me that except for my parents of course.

I hated it when other used to call me that. Once when I went out on a date with Caleb-one of my flings- he called me that...I told him not to. He found it amusing that I didn’t like being called that so he kept on calling me by that name. Later that night he ended with a black eye.

Hey not my fault, I did warn him.

Uncle Christian taught me how to fight. He always used to say ‘the world is a dark place. You need to protect yourself before they get to you. I know this doesn’t make sense now but someday everything will all make perfect sense. So for now laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason...oh and Clair bear never let your guard down’.

His words kept on replaying in my head and then the truth dawned in. He.Was.Dead. He was never coming back. I was never going to see that beautiful face. Women as I observed used to melt just by looking at him. My uncle being the young hot player (as he called himself) just used to smirk and flirt back.

‘Clair’ dad said.

I snapped out of my thoughts and looked up. Tears welled into my eyes but I was trying my best not to spill them. Uncle Christian had told me to smile through my tears, but how could I smile in such a situation. Mom was still shaking uncontrollably. I didn’t really know how he died or how his body was missing, I had so many questions to ask but I felt it wasn’t the right time to ask. I quickly got up from the floor and ran to my bed room. My dad called after me but I ignored him. I shut my door and flung myself on the bed.

The tears that were threatening to spill rolled down my cheeks uncontrollably. I was going through hysterics. Uncle C was my rock, he was my everything, and I was closer to him than I was with my parents since my parents were always busy with work. He was just 26 but I saw him more as my best friend than my uncle.

i admit he did have a bit of bad influence on me since because of him I was a player too. i used to tell him about my flings and he used to tell me about his flavor of the week. ewww ...i was always pulled a face when he used to say that and he used to laugh as if waiting for my reaction. It’s not right to tell  your 16 year old niece stuff like that.

Uncle C was pretty protective of me. He warned me not to even think of reaching 3rd base with my flings. He made me promise him and so I did. He taught me how to drive too. You see he too used to be in a gang and that’s how I was interested in joining one when he told me about his past. Now, today because of him I’m the best female car racer. What can I say I learnt from the best? The more I thought of him the harder I cried.

i felt like a hole burned into my chest and the pain was unbearable. Time passed by and before I knew it I dozed off.

 I'm waking up, I feel it in my bones

Enough to make my systems blow

Welcome to the new age, to the new age

I woke up when I heard my ringtone playing.

‘Hello?’ I answered groggily.

“Claire?’ Jake asked.

‘hey jake’ I said still sad.

‘a-are you ok? You sound real low’ Jake asked hesitantly.

‘Of course I would when uncle Chris  passed away’ I snapped.

‘what?’ Jake asked shocked.

He and Uncle C were pretty close too. Uncle C always thought that there was something going on between me and Jake. He used to tease me about him a lot, ‘ so you’re giving up on me …on our player ways just for this guy’ he mocked hurt. Though I know deep down he knew there was nothing going on between us, eventhough he wished there was. He really wasn't happy wuith my player ways honestly. He did know that I happened to have a crush on Jake.

‘ughh crapp I forgot 2 tell you’ I said feeling bad

“h-he passed away ..m-mom got a call today a-nd his body is…m-missing”.

I started crying all over again. I heard sniffling and then acceleration of a car from the other end of the phone.

‘I’m coming’ Jake said and then hung up. I tried breathing in and out to calm myself. I didn’t want to start crying again knowing that Uncle C would be disappointed in me.

Suddenly the door opened and Jake walked in. He looked at me once and then ran over to me and pulled me into a hug. We both hugged each other and cried silently. Jake was trying his best not to let his tears spill in front of me but he couldn’t.

I looked at the clock and saw that it was 9 , the race was starting at 10 so I had to start getting ready.

I pulled back from Jake and said ‘ I need to get ready it’s 9 already’.

Jake frowned and said ‘forget the race Claire, we don’t have to go’.

I couldn’t sit in my room any longer I had to get my mind diverted. ‘I can’t stay here anymore Jake. I’ve been crying since morning and you know how Uncle C hates tears. I don’t want to disappoint him plus I need to get my mind diverted.’

Jake nodded understandingly "Fine then….get ready’