Four

It's too hot. I'm too hot. And there's a distinct lack of air to contend with. More immediate though is the warm clenching that's begun low down in my belly, or lower. Yes definitely lower. Nearer my thighs, and between them.

Instinctively, I move towards the desk for something solid to lean on for balance as he comes to a stop in front of me. I take in the full sight of him, slowly savoring the image, tasting it on my tongue. Absent of blood, he's dressed in a perfectly tailored black shirt which he's rolled up at the sleeves showing off an expensive looking watch, and immaculately cut grey trousers. He looks exactly like the dangerous, fierce looking male model I remembered.

It's comforting to know that my memory hadn't exaggerated his face, or his body, or the eyes. It's the mouth that I can't stop staring at though. His full lips are curled up into a sexy knowing smile, as his eyes glitter in the dim light.

I'm aware suddenly that my eyes are open too wide, as is my mouth, and so I close them both a little. I can't do anything about the unbelievable heat that's flooding my body though. I'll just need to deal with that. It's a ridiculous overreaction to his presence, but its what's happening and so it needs to be managed.

As we continue to stare at one another it occurs to me that he looks as though he's enjoying himself. He's enjoying watching me disintegrate in front of him. Oh god is that what I'm doing? Disintegrating? Oh please let me look more in control than I feel. I could try speaking, saying something, anything. Before I get the chance to though, he speaks.

"Fancy bumping into you here, doctor," He smiles playfully. His voice is low and sexy like I remember it. Did I remember it being sexy? Am I just admitting that now? He's still not my type. He's still the sort of man I'm sure I've been warned to stay away from. My brain scrambles around looking for words, any words to answer him with because I haven't yet.

"You?" I manage. It's pathetic. My parents paid a lot of money for an expensive education and that's all I have. 3 whole letters.

His mouth twitches mischievously. "Me,"he confirms.

I nod once, still unable to find any proper words. I want to act like the Cambridge educated woman I am but he's having a strange effect on my head, and my ability to form sentences, and breathe.

"So it was you who sent the invites?" I ask. He smiles a full smile then and I feel a quiver over my entire body. What a smile. I knew it would be special. With a mouth like that it had to be. It's gorgeous, sexy, and a little wicked. His teeth are a straight white line, with two sharp pointed canines at each side. They make me wonder if he bites. I feel a tingling on my neck as the image gains momentum.

"Yeah, I did," he confirms again.

"Why?"

His smile fades slightly though his stare seems to intensify, which I didn't even think was possible. When he speaks again his voice is a lower tone, less playful.

"I wanted to see you," He tells me. "To thank you - for what you did." His manner is that same mix of forced politeness he had at the surgery, as though he isn't used to it, like the words and even the tone are unnatural to him. I like it though. Its rough around the edges, and it tickles my ears and skin.

I glance at his neck; his shirt, open at the collar reveals the flash of white bandage covering the knife wound I stitched together exactly 11 days ago. He shifts slightly on his feet and his scent washes over me that same heady mix of manliness that I can almost taste on my tongue. It's more intense than I remember it. Everything about this second time seeing him is more intense. Jesus Christ this isn't me. I don't have pathetic girly reactions to good-looking men. No matter how good-looking. It just didn't happen. It had never happened. I swallow and stand up a little straighter. I still haven't said anything.