Chapter 20 [Confessions]

• Dedicated to To all fans and readers of Her Royal Pen Pal!

(Copyright) © 2011 Candle_Ice

* * * * *

Chapter 20

"Are you awake?" a voice whispered from her bedroom door.

Turning Elise saw Tatiana peeking in from the opened crack in the door.

"Hey you, come on in," she said to her friend.

Tatiana fully opened the door, and closed it back quietly. Elise had drawn down in the bed to make room for her, and she crawled in next to her friend.

"You can't sleep also?" Tatiana asked her, as they lay facing the ceiling.

"Nope, not a wink since we got home. What about you?" 

"I fell asleep, but I couldn't stay asleep. I thought I'd check out if you were awake, and see if maybe you wanna talk about whatever it was you were thinking about on the ride over here that had you so preoccupied," She pried.

Trust Tatiana to know exactly what she was feeling.

“Nothing really, I was just thinking about how my life has changed so much, in such a short time,” Elise said.

“Hmm, I see,” Tatiana commented.

And the two lay in silence for a while.

“How would a person know if they’re in love,” Elise asked her finally.

Laughing a little, her friend responded, “When I’m in love, I’ll let you know.”

But the impact of the question finally hit home to Tatiana and she got up and turned to face Elise, sitting crossed legged on the bed.

“Wait a minute, are you trying to tell me you’re in love?”

Getting up and mimicking Tatiana’s move, Elise face her friend.

“I didn’t say that. I asked how a person would know if they were,” she side stepped.

“And this is just a casual thought that just casually popped into your head?” Tatiana replied with a knowing smile.

The two have known each other two long for them to hide thoughts from each other.

Sighing, Elise realised it was no use to hide the facts. It was better she tell someone, and then maybe she could figure it out better.

“It’s too soon right? I can’t be in love… It’s probably the whole atmosphere of the evening, the romantic feel, and all. The feeling will pass, right?” She asked her friend.

Tatiana thought about what she said, before she made a response:

“That’s probably it and it probably will,” she supplied, and then added, “Or it could be that you’re actually in love with Leonidas.”

“So fast? I barely know the guy!”

“You know enough about him,” she reminded her, “and I don’t think there’s a time frame for love. It happens. It could take a month, a year, a day, a second, or a century. But it doesn’t change the fact that it is love.

“And before you give me a whole bunch of crap about being too young, to know what love is, blah, blah, blah, let me just point out that love has no age limit! Just because someone’s young doesn’t erase the fact that they can love.

“You may be confused right now, but give it time, and it’ll sink in. You don’t have to dissect every single detail. Just accept it. You’re in love, and there’s nothing you can do about it,” Tatiana finished.