41. Happy New Year

Start from the beginning

'Crank That', 'Fiesta', 'Right Thurr', 'Rude Boy', 'Low'... For a good half an hour, Trevor and I kept dancing with so much energy and fun that I didn't see time passing. We sat next to each other on a random couch, in sweat, tired but smiling and happy.
"Woo !! That was so fun !" I exclaimed.
"I know !" Trevor added.
Before we could say anything else, Olivia arrived in front of us.
"Hey ! Are you okay ?" I asked.
She didn't seem that joyful.
"It's almost midnight, and I'm just thinking that it's a party at my house and everybody is gonna kiss someone but me" she sadly spoke up.
I faked a sad face. "Aw, no, you won't be alone... Look, I won't kiss anybody either !!"
I tried to seem positive but I was actually kind of sad too.
"Yeah... Oh well" she sighed. "Nevermind... The thing I'm actually scared of is that Diggy will be kissing another girl in 7 minutes."
"Aw nooo, don't worry, he's not like that !" Trevor told.
"You promised you would trust him. I'm sure that if he was hearing you right now he wouldn't be happy. He trusts you, the least you can do is trust him too" I spat.
Surprised by my tone of voice, Olivia raised her eyebrows, then sighed again. "You're right... I just miss him."
"I know..." I rubbed her arm.
I discreetly looked at my watch. "Um, I'll go get us some drinks."
Trevor and I exchanged a look of agreement while being careful that Olivia didn't notice, and I walked away to the tables.

I was pouring fresh beer in a red cup when the bell rang.
I turned my head to see Olivia's confused face in the crowd. "Who is coming at this time of the night ??"
She suddenly widened her eyes. "I hope it isn't the neighbors !! They aren't supposed to be here tonight anyway..."
She disappeared into the hall and Trevor and I joined her with a smirk.
We stayed behind her and let her open the door, watching the scene.
"Heeeeyyy !!!" a male voice saluted.
Olivia let out a high pitch scream and jumped into the man's open arms.
"Diggy oh my god what are you doing here ?!!"
She pulled away her face to look at him but let her arms around his neck and his around her waist.
"I'm so happy to see you !! I can't believe you're here oh my god !!"
She laughed with him as she kissed him.
Softened by the scene, Trevor and I smiled and held hands without realizing it.

"I came to surprise you" Diggy started. "I spent Christmas with my family and I missed you so much and I begged them to go back here to be with you... I planned on arriving here just before midnight, and Trevor and Maddie helped me on this."
"You guys knew about this !!" Olivia's jaw dropped as she looked at us.
We both laughed as an answer.
Diggy smiled and put his nose on hers. She giggled and kissed him and we watched them whispering love words to eachother.
"They're cute" I broke our silence.
"They are" Trevor answered, right next to me.
He looked down at me and I looked up at him.
We realized we were holding hands and I coughed as I seperated them.
It was kind of awkward so I threw at Diggy and my best friend :
"Let's go love birds, it's almost midnight"
"Right, c'mon let's go" Diggy said.
He pulled away from Olivia and held her hand as he bro hugged Trevor with one arm and then kissed both of my cheeks.
Olivia dragged her boyfriend to the living room and Trevor and I followed.
We went in to see everyone into a massive crowd turned to the TV, next to the speakers, waiting for the countdown.
"It's soon gonna be 2015" Trevor stamped his feet onto the ground, looking excited.
"Yup" I nodded.
Diggy and Olivia had magically disappeared God knows where ; everyone else was in front of us, not next nor behind, which created a weird feeling of intimity.

The countdown started at 30. I had a weird hunch in my stomach ; I was nervous, but in a good way. But I also was almost scared. In a bad way.
"20, 19, 18..." The crowd shouted, looking at the TV.
I had no idea where Chris was. I hoped he had fun. He was maybe still with Jess. I was disappointed he wasn't next to me for the countdown. Guess I'll have to search for him once it was over.
"9, 8, 7...!"
My hands started to get sweaty. I wiped them on my dress.
"5, 4, 3, 2, 1, HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!"
I looked at everyone ; people screaming, kissing, hugging, wishing. Trevor looked at me, took my chin and quickly leaned in without me having the time to realize it. Before I knew it, his lips were on mine and god damn did it feel good. I already kissed him before but this one was the best of all.