37-Alone Time/Breathing Support

Start from the beginning

"Not yet, but the beeping increased so it shouldn't be long." Ana replied quickly, removing her hand and moving away which allowed Niall to take her place.

"Okay." his voice lowered and I heard footsteps come towards me, a hand held mine and I could tell that it was Niall, he probably doesn't care that Ana was still in the room now.

"You love her, don't you?" I almost wanted to laugh at Ana's knowing tone in her question that she knew the answer to.

"Yep, have done since I first saw her" I was surprised that he was being truthful about it towards, I suppose you could say, my stepmom.

"She's complicated, I suppose you've seen some of the things that come along with her right? The attacks?" I knew Niall had no idea what Ana was going on about and I prayed that she would drop the subject at least until I was awake and could talk for myself. The conversation was soon dropped and silence filled the room once again, every now and then Ana would check the time and announce how long they had until breakfast was going to be put out.

"We have 10 minutes Niall, I'm going to the bathroom and I'm going to go straight there, I'll meet you at the table." I think Ana could tell that Niall wanted to be alone.

"I've got to go in a bit Ky and I want you to not wake up while none of us are with you cause that would ruin it wouldn't it?" His accent got thicker so I could tell he was getting emotional. I heard a sniffle and instantly knew that Niall was crying.

"I just want you to be okay, as soon as I saw that it you at the gym- I didn't know what to do or what was going on. I was so scared, still am.." his voice began cracking and I wanted to just open my eyes and tell him that everything will be fine, but of course, my body had different ideas because I stayed mute and blind to everything around me.

"Feel so stupid right now, here I am- crying and letting my emotions out to a girl I'm in love with and met less than 5 times. Oh and just so you know, I don't care if you still love Mikey okay? He still loves you and I know how happy he made you and I wouldn't want to come between that." I felt a soft kiss on my cheek as the presence beside me slowly left. I heard a door open and close quietly and I knew I was alone with only the constant beeping and my own thoughts for company.

-An Hour Later-

Apart from the occasional nurse coming in to do my checks, I've been alone. It feels like this is the longest they have been away but that's probably Ana's doing; she is set on giving me time to myself, which I quite honestly don't want.

The beeping has been the same throughout my alone time which means that I'm no closer to waking up.

A murmur of laughter brought me out of my thoughts, it sounded like Niall's laugh; loud and contagious. A door opening and closing signalled that it was Niall and Ana arriving back in a happy mood.

"Her doctor said that she should be waking up at some point tonight, the checks that the nurses done while we were gone signalled it, but I have no idea how." I was happy that the two of them were happy and not moping about waiting for me. The smell of food entered my nose and I wondered why one of them would want to unknowingly torture me considering that I couldn't eat.

"Why'd you bring some food up? You've eaten." Ana stated and I could tell that she was smiling slightly, she chuckled a little before awaiting his response.

"For Kyra, incase she wakes up. Wouldn't want her getting hungry." my heart almost exploded at his thoughtfulness that is backfiring on my part.

"Okay well on that note, I'm going to go and check up on Robyn and just make sure the house is still in one piece. I'll be back by tonight at the latest." no words were spoken before the door closed. I didn't feel the warmth around my right hand like I usually did so I wondered if Niall went out with her to say goodbye or something but that thought was dismissed when a phone beeped.