Chapter 1

AN: 1) In Australia there's only primary and high school, and there are six years in each, and because I'm not sure how it works in New Jersey that's what it will be like in this book. 2) Mikey is in the same year as them (year 12) even though he is a couple of years younger. 3) the school uniforms are the ones out of the I'm Not Okay (I Promise) music video. And 4) The era is revenge

I walk around the deserted part of school, normally I sit around my next class (due to anxiety) but today is a half day so I figure I should explore.
I hear talking, and being the awkward person I am my first instinct is to leave. But I hear someone cry out in pain. I walk around the corner to see a boy on the floor, his hand covering his mouth and a group of idiots lead by the school's star hockey player Mitchell laughing at him.

"What are you doing?" I ask walking closer, "that's none of your business nerd. Now leave or you're next" Mitchell snaps "yeah that's not happening" I say, throwing a quick glance to the boy who looks surprised, "I'm not afraid to fight, and I can kick your arse no doubt. Now you and your fellow morons better leave." I cross my arms and narrow my eyes. Mitchell runs at me and punches my shoulder, I stumble back but quickly regain my balance. I run at him and he sticks out his arm, ducking under it I turn around and pinch a certain point on his neck and he shouts out in pain "leave now." I growl, Mitchell nods at the others and they quickly walk out.

I sit on my knees next to the boy, "are you alright?" I ask, he looks at me with a deadpan look, "can I see?" I ask, he hesitates for a second but pulls his hand away from his lips. I quickly study the wound before pulling my bag closer to me and grabbing out my water bottle and a couple of tissues, I tell him to put a tissue over the cut while I wet another one. After the cut stops bleeding I start cleaning the blood off his face. "I like your septum piercing" he mumbles "thank you" I mumble back. After I finish neither of us move. "Do you mind if I sit here till the bell goes" I ask and he nods.

I speed walk down the street, triple checking that I have no new texts from my parents. I walk into the comic book shop and notice the boy from earlier talking with others, I quickly put my head down and start walking through the store. I gather all the things I want to buy and take it to the register, on the way out I passes the boy and his friends. As I leave I feel them staring at me, I grab my earplugs out of my pocket and shove them into my ears blasting my music as loud as it will let me.

I walk across the street and into a small bookshop, this place is basically a second home to me. I walk to the fiction section and run my pointer finger over the book spines, stopping on It by Stephen King. "So not only a good music taste, but a good taste in books" a voice says from behind me, I turn around to see the boy and his friends from earlier. I turn back to the bookshelf trying to find the courage to say something, "and she's good at fighting" the boy adds on.

I walk over to the couches and they follow me, when I get a proper look at them I notice that I have classes with most of them "what do you want?" I ask (in a non rude way). "Mikey wanted to thank you" a shorter boy pushes the one from before (who I assume is Mikey) forward. "Uhh yeah, thanks... I hope your shoulder doesn't hurt to much" I glance at my shoulder and shrug "my shoulders fine, I have a high pain tolerance" I explain. "As part of the thanks, we wanted to invite you to a movie marathon" one with shoulder length black hair says, "I'll have to check with my mum first... What are your names?"

Mikey's POV
Honestly, I was expecting her to say no immediately. I mean who'd wanna hang out with the school weirdos?
We watch as she pulls out her phone, "hey mum, I was wondering if I could go to a friends house to watch some movies?... 4.... All boys... Mikey, Gerard, Frank and Ray... Mum, I don't want to have sex with any of them-" we all glance at each other, trying not to laugh. "-I won't though, I feel safe around them... Thanks, what time do you want me home?... Cool, bye." She puts her phone back in her pocket "sorry, my parents are overprotective" she rolls her eyes "why did you say you feel safe around us?" I ask, did her mum think we'd hurt her? "I have really bad anxiety, and am sorta prone for having panic attacks, but I'm fine if I'm around people I can talk to" she explains, seeming hesitant.

Gina's POV
"So what time do you have to be home?" Gerard asks "if I can get a lift I have to be home by nine, if I have to walk I have to be home before nightfall" I say "only nine? We won't be able to watch as many movies" Ray pouts. "Well if they meet any of you, or all of you, they'll most likely be more okay with us hanging out later- well if you still want to hang out with me" I bite my lip, nervous about the response "who do you think the best person to meet them would be? To ya know make a positive impression" Gerard asks "well, I think before we decide any of that we should learn her name" Mikey points out "Gina." I awkwardly say.

I sit shotgun in Gerard's car, with Gerard next to me and the three others in the back. "Okay before you meet them you have to know, my dad looks all big and tough but he's really a big softy." I explain, preparing them to meet my parents. "We'll be fine!" Ray laughs.

"I'm home!" I yell walking into the main hallway, the guys trailing behind me. "Are these the boys you were with?" My mum asks "no, I found them on the street and decided that you should meet them" I sarcastically comment, "this is Mikey, Ray, Frank and Gerard" I say, pointing at each one. "I take it that there's a reason you're introducing us?" My dad asks "yes, uh I was wondering if we could hang out again tomorrow?" I ask "or maybe sleep over at mine and Gerard's house?" Mikey puts in. My parents look at each other for a minute "you can go out tomorrow, but give us time to think about you staying over" mum reasons. "Okay, well I'm gonna walk them to the car" I grin.
Before Mikey gets in the car he hugs me, "thanks for today" he smiles.

New story! So I have like 8 other chapters ready to publish, so there will be another chapter out over the next couple of days.
Thanks for reading!
-Mae