The Invasion

Levi slowly opened the door to Erwin's office and peeked in. No one was there, and the shelves were completely stocked. "Come on.", Levi called as he waved his hand. Mikasa simply nodded as she followed the Corporal into the Commander's office. "Now, where is it?", Levi wondered as he walked around the office. "Don't know.", Mikasa said as she opened one of the drawers behind the desk. "I wasn't asking you...", Levi muttered back as he walked to the other end of the office. "Well, who were you asking then?", Mikasa questioned sarcastically. "Shut up, Ackerman." There were literally so many shelves and storage compartments that there was no way the two were going to finish this in one day. Even if they spent a night looking around and straining their eyes, they would still have to take another week or so to even get near the end. It was extremely dusty too. Levi coughed a bit as he sorted through multiple containers hidden in the shelves. "How does Erwin live with this?", he asked Mikasa. "Probably doesn't notice a thing.", Mikasa answered as she finished opening and closing the drawers of Erwin's desk quietly, now moving to the opposite side of where Levi was looking. "Filthy...", Levi muttered as he kicked a dust bunny away with his foot. "Oh, stop complaining and sort out this thing, Corporal!", Mikasa complained as she coughed out some dust, "I don't want to be in this pig stye anymore!" "Tough luck, if we can't find anything here, we'll just have to check the other places tomorrow.", Levi said, turning his head in the direction of Mikasa. "It's no use, let's just scan the place over and let's get out of here. I don't want to get caught by Erwin again." "Fine.", Levi answered dully.

After a long while, Levi and Mikasa had finished scanning the whole office. In order to get out as soon as possible, they didn't have a choice on what to do. "We should have looked through the whole thing!", Levi complained as he met up with Mikasa in the middle of the office. "Well, too bad. If you want to come over here tomorrow, you can. But, I'm not coming with you!", Mikasa argued as she crossed her arms. Suddenly, Levi heard footsteps approaching. "Hide!", Levi whispered desperately as he ran across the room, hiding in a tiny corner full of dirt and cobwebs. Mikasa suddenly realized what was going on and ran to the other side of the room, crouching down to the floor in a tiny space in between the floorboards.

"Haha!", Levi and Mikasa heard the jolly voice of Erwin entering the office, stomping loudly, "That was a good laugh! Levi and Mikasa? No way!" "I know right?", Hanji's voice rang out of the laughter in a high pitched tone. "But...", she whispered, "Wouldn't they be the greatest pair?" "I would guess so...", muttered Erwin as he stood infront of his desk only a few yards away from Mikasa, now rising higher and higher. She wanted to smack the Squad Leader in the face so hard, that she would run outside the Walls and never come back. Levi looked on desperately as he saw a sliver of black hair rise up from the ground. "What are you doing?", Levi whisered even though he could not reach her. Mikasa stole a glace at Levi and saw him pointing at her, then pointing downwards. "Thats right!", Mikasa muttered to herself, "What am I doing..." She slowly lowered herself to the ground again as the Commander sat in his seat.  

"I can't believe it!", Hanji squealed, "Levi x Mikasa!" Erwin let out a chuckle as he looked down at his desk, finishing up the few paperwork he had left for the day. In a little bit, the two were going to go down to the dining hall for dinner, which would open up a space for Mikasa and Levi to get out. Erwin soon finished the last piece of paperwork, signing it with a fast and unique signature. "Well, that finishes it.", said Erwin as he placed the piece of paper into the bin, "Come on, lets go down for dinner." "Yahoo!", Hanji cheered as she and Erwin walked out the door of the office.