A Mysterious Letter

Corporal Levi slowly opened the door to his office and walked up to his desk. He sighed as he sat down and stared up at the ceiling for a bit, taking a long break from the day's problems. At last, Levi looked at his pile of papers sitting on the right side of his desk. "I have to do these too?", Levi sighed and muttered irritably. With another irritated look, Levi grabbed the first piece of paperwork and slid it forcefully on his desk. He grabbed a pen from the small container he had positioned on the left side of the table. He Corporal quickly scanned through it and signed the paper with his upmost, sloppy signature and slammed it on the bin to his left. He did this for about 5 minutes until he found a very fancy looking letter. "What's this?", Levi wondered to himself as he slowly picked up the letter. The mysterious looking letter had intricate gold leafing designs on all four corners, bordered by a slim, red line that curled on each end, attaching itself to the gold leafing design. In the middle of the letter, there were 2 lines that stated in red: Do Not Open. To: Corporal Levi. From: Anonymous. "Why would it say do not open, but this random person still sent this to me?", Levi questioned himself. He pushed the letter carefully aside and continued with his other paperwork. Levi did well, not wanting to open the letter for a little bit, but after time, curiosity started to get the better of him. "Hmm...", Levi muttered again as he looked at the letter. Corporal Levi slowly put his head in his hands and stared blankly at his desk. "Should I do it?...should I not...", he whispered to himself for a few seconds. "Oh, fine!", Levi exclaimed grabbing the slim letter opener from his desk. He positioned the letter opener firmly on the left side of the letter's flap and pulled, making a neat cut from end to end. Levi took out the piece of neatly tri-folded paper and opened it up. He stared at the letter for a little bit, scanning it from top to bottom. "My...", Levi muttered to himself again, "The person who wrote this couldn't make this a little shorter, could he?" Levi set the paper firmly on his desk and spread it out so he could see the whole thing.

Dear Corporal Levi,

If you are reading this message, I can already tell you are very disobedient. Curiosity gets the better of you all the time, doesn't it? Well, since you have probably already opened this letter, I suppose I will have to go on with something that would really get you very angry. Please do not go around beating up cadets for no reason...though you probably will. You can tear this up if you want. It doesn't matter to me anymore. Anyways, not to keep on going off track, look into your closet. Are you missing something? I suppose so...how about you check it right now.

Levi quickly put down the piece of paper and ran over to his closet. He swung the two doors open and stared inside. All of his clothes, uniform, and cravat were all in place as they always were...until he looked down in his cleaning supplies drawer. "What the-", Levi yelled, "Where the heck are my cleaning supplies?!" He quickly opened and closed the drawer over and over again, as if the cleaning supplies would magically appear, "I am going to beat up the cadets tomorrow!" After a few minutes, yelling curses over and over again, Levi finally calmed down and tried to think of a strategy to solve the problem. He went back over to his desk and sat in his chair. Levi picked up the letter and started reading again.

Oh my, it's a very big problem isn't it. Where are your cleaning supplies? Looks like you are going to have to find them. This would actually be a very difficult situation, for you of course. I have always known all of your beloved items, Corporal, and I have decided to play a little trick on you. I guess you could take one friend with you...that's an option. Now, where did I put your cleaning supplies? Hmm...difficult question. Did I throw it into the mouth of a Titan? Did I hide it in Erwin's office? Maybe it's in the Survey Corps Base...or maybe... Anyways, you'll figure it out and maybe even find the person who's hiding it in the first place...which would be me/multiple people, of course. This is a test, by the way. Thanks and get some rest. You'll need it!

-Anonymous

Levi turned the piece of paper over and closed it up. His eyes flared a crimson red as he held the paper in the air on the 2 corner and thought about ripping the paper up. "No.", Levi muttered, putting the paper down, "I won't do it." The Corporal placed the piece of paper back into it's envelope and headed off to his sleeping quarters.