Chapter seventeen

Week 23

"Let's look at some more names for you" Niall says as he types up 'baby girl names' in the Google search engine. "So Baylor is definitely on the list" I say, writing it on a piece of paper. "What about... Jacklyn?" He asks. "Jacklyn Horan. Has a nice ring to it. I'll write it down" I say, writing the name on the second line.

"Let me see that" I say, switching the paper for his phone. I scroll through the gigantic list and none of the names listed appeal to me. I scroll to the next page and stop at a few. "Ooh how about Adelaide" I say. "Like the city in Australia?" He asks. "Yeah, you always talked about how much you love Australia and Adelaide is a pretty name" I say. "Yeah I'll write that down" he smiles, scribbling on the paper.

"There's also Adeline and Addison" I add, looking at more names. "What should we do for the middle name?" He asks. "Well maybe we can pick our top two favorite names and make one the first name and the second the middle?" I suggest. "Sounds great" he says, kissing my nose. "I'm going to grab a drink, want anything?" He asks. "Chocolate milk sounds good" I say. He gets off the couch and walks into the kitchen.

"Find anymore names?" He yells. "No besides Cheyenne or Chelsea" I yell back, turning his phone off and setting it next to me. He comes back with my glass of chocolate milk and a water bottle. "So maybe we should pick the two names we like" he says, taking the paper. On it had Baylor, Jacklyn, Cassandra, Cheyenne, Chelsea, Addison, Adelaide, and Adeline.

"Let's take out the ones we don't really like" I say. After much debate we take off Addison, Jacklyn, and Cheyenne. "Should we have Baylor be the first name since that's one we've both seemed to really like?" He asks. "Yeah let's keep it as the first name for now" I say. Then we started reading the other names with Baylor and decided which one sounded good.

"Baylor Chelsea Horan" he reads, his eyebrows furrowed in thought. "Not really feeling that one, are you?" I ask, scrunching my nose. "Yeah I'm not liking that as much" he says. "Baylor Adelaide Horan" I read. "That sounds nice" he shrugs. "Or Baylor Adeline Horan" I say. "What about Baylor Cassandra Horan?" He asks.

"Oooh now that sounds nice" I say. "It flows nicely as well" he says. "So then when I have to yell at her, I can use her full name with ease" he adds. I playfully smack his shoulder and he gives me a cocky smile. "But that does sound appealing. Would we give her a nickname?" I ask.

"Hmm, I don't know. I don't want people to call her 'Bay'" he says. "Why not?" I ask. "Because I want that to be my thing" he says with a small smile. I put my hand on his shoulder and smile. "Then 'Bay' can be your thing. Maybe we can have people call her Cassie? Or no nickname at all" I say. "I think she doesn't need a nickname for the public" he says, putting his hand on my bump.

"Did you hear that? Do you like the name Baylor?" He asks my stomach. She kicks lightly and Niall smiles. "Well then it's settled; Baylor Cassandra Horan" he smiles. "We have a name!" I shout in joy, throwing my arms in the air and my head back.

-----------------------
Week 24

"Dr. Sanchez you'll be so proud of us" I say as she leads us to the small room with the ultrasound machine. "Why is that?" She asks. "We finally named our baby after all these weeks we've known" I say with a stifled laugh. "Really? What is the name you two picked?" She asks. "Her full name is Baylor Cassandra Horan" I say, smiling back at Niall.

"That is a beautiful name! I love how easy it is to say" she says, helping me onto the table. "So how was the birthday vacation?" She asks. "Good, I kept up-to-date on my pills and everything" I say. "That's good. Anymore weird cravings or have they been the same?" She asks, looking at the monitor. "No not really, just been the same I guess" I sigh.

"Good. Well it looks like little Baylor is very healthy. Has she been kicking yet?" She asks. "Yes and a storm she's been kicking" I say. "She started kicking around, what week 21?" I ask Niall. "Yeah because we had just gotten home from London" he says. "Ah, that's great! How did it feel?" She asks me. "It felt weird at first but since then it's felt really nice" I say. "But there are times when she kicks a little too hard for mommy to handle" I chuckle.

"But that's also a good thing because she has the possibility of football" Niall says. "That's true" Dr. Sanchez says. "So she's looking great, and so is her momma. I'll go grab your copy and you can leave whenever you would like" she says, turning everything off.

Niall helps me off and grabs our things before going to the front desk. We schedule our appointment for next month and decide to call everyone on the way to lunch with Maura about the name.

"Marley!" Perrie's voice says over the speaker. "Hey! How are you?" I ask. "Good! Doing great! How are you?" She asks. "Oh you know, just being pregnant that's all" I say. "Getting pretty tiring now huh" she says. "More like exhausting but I still enjoy being pregnant, which is weird to say" I say. Baylor kicks me hard and my hand flies to my stomach where she kicked.

"Ow! That one hurt" I wince, making Niall look over at me with concern. He replaces my hand with his and rubs it soothingly. "What was that?" Perrie asks. "Well the baby has been kicking a lot lately and she just had a big one" I breathe. "She's kicking now? I wish I was there!" She whines. "And you will soon, that is if you're still coming out in a few weeks" I say. "Yes I'll be there. I don't if Zayn will" she says.

"What? Why?" I ask. "There's a possibility that he has to come into work that week" she sighs. "Didn't he tell them he has to have the week off?" I ask. "Yes but something may or may not come up, but for now he's coming. He's just not counting on it" she says. "Well make sure he comes out here or I'm going out there myself" I say. "Yes ma'am" she laughs.

"So I called to tell you we have a name for our little girl" I say with a smile. "What is it?" She gasps. "Baylor Cassandra Horan" I say, glancing at Niall. "That's beautiful! I'm glad you kept Baylor" she swoons. "Thank you! And me too, I was really liking the name" I say.

Niall pulls into the restaurant parking lot and I'm forced to end my call. "Alright well I have to go to lunch, I'll talk to you later" I say. We bid our goodbyes and hang up the call. Niall helps me out of the car and we meet Maura inside. She greets me by standing up and giving me a hug. "Look at how big you're getting!" She says while pulling out of the hug and looking at my bump. "She's kicking now" I smile. "Really?" She asks. "Yeah, here out your hand right there" I say, moving Maura's hand to the side.

At first there was nothing but then Baylor kicked when I spoke to her. "Oh my gosh" Maura gasps. "She's quite a kicker mum" Niall adds from behind me. "Oh boy, you're already signing her up for football aren't you" she chuckles at Niall. "Please he's already buying her equipment to play" I giggle. "You and your father" she shakes her head.

"Gotta keep the tradition going" Niall shrugs. He slides into the booth across from Maura and I sit next to him. "So have you guys picked a name yet?" She asks. "We did; Baylor Cassandra Horan" Niall says. Maura smiles widely and grabs Niall's and I's hands. "Such a gorgeous name" she says with water in her eyes. "Mum, are you crying?" Niall asks, leaning forward.

"I'm just really blessed that's all" she smiles reassuringly, wiping her eyes with her napkin. Niall and I look at each other and smile. "Anyway, let's order shall we?" Maura chuckles as she picked up her menu. We ordered our food and then discussed what the plans were for the next few months.

*Hey everyone! So if you haven't seen it I changed the cover for the book. I know it's not one of my best edits (I do make my own edits for my books yes) but I'm hoping it looks good enough. And thank you all for the reads on this book, as well on the others too. You guys are amazing! I'm writing all day today so there may or may not be another update tonight. We'll see on how much I get done. Thank you!! *