Chapter seven

Week 1

-Marley POV-
The first week was hell. I had morning sickness every day in the morning (it was either early in the morning or later) and at night, late at night. I was also tired throughout the entire week, which morning sickness and fatigue don't mix well at all.

Niall's been supportive this past week. We've been keeping tabs with our doctor and she's been telling us what's to come this first trimester. She's told us that weeks one to thirteen are critical to the baby's growth and development. That I need to be keeping up on my vitamins and eating habits because the first trimester is when I could easily have a miscarriage.

"Shhh, it's okay" Niall says, pulling my hair back from my face. It was 4 in the morning and I was having one of my morning sickness episodes. Once I thought it was over, more came up. I was shaking so much Niall had to hold my shoulders to stop me.

When I did finish throwing up, I flushed the toilet and sat down on the floor, too weak to get up. Niall sat down next to me and rubbed my arms soothingly. "Here" he says, handing me a wet wash cloth. I smile and take it, wiping my face with the cool water.

"This sucks" I whine, nuzzling my face into his neck. "I know baby, I know. It'll all be over soon though, I promise" he says, kissing my forehead. "Can I just be pregnant without the throwing up?" I ask tiredly, making Niall laugh.

"Like, that would be great thanks" I add, breathing out. "Oh Marley, I love you" he says, catching his breath from laughing. I look up at him and pout, poking my bottom lip out to add the effect.

"Here, I'll carry you to bed silly" he chuckles, standing up. He slips one arm under my knees and the other on my back. He struggles a little while picking me up but manages to find a comfortable position later.

I wrap my arms around his shoulders and he smiles down at me. He lays me down gently on our bed and brings the covers up to my chin. He crawls in next to me and we spoon, him being the big spoon as usual. I feel him kiss my shoulder and I smile to myself.

"Just think about it, in nine months we'll have a little one in the house" he whispers in my ear. "And most importantly, no morning sickness" I laugh. He squeezes me lightly and snuggles into my neck. "Go to sleep" he whispers. "Goodnight" I whisper. "Goodnight" he says back before going back to sleep, me in his arms.

----------------------
Week 2

"Niall, can you hand me an aspirin please?" I ask, rubbing my temples. "Another one of your headaches?" He asks from the kitchen. "Yeah, this one's a big one" I say, doubling over.

Niall comes back a minute later and gives me two aspirin pills with some water. I take both of them and down the pills quickly, trying to get as much relief as possible. "How's the morning sickness" he asks, rubbing my lower back. "The same, woke up at 11 last night and thought I was going to puke my guts out. Literally" I say.

"I'm sorry babe. Maybe when we have lunch with mum today she'll tell you some ways to avoid all that" he says. "You think so?" I ask, looking up at him. "Yeah, I think she'll give some good tips because I was a pain in the ass when she was pregnant with me" he says, laughing at the end.

"Did they tell you that?" I ask, sitting up. "Yeah. My dad said he remembered mum constantly being in pain because of my kicking and doing flips" he chuckles. "So it all makes sense now" I laugh, earning a playful dirty look from him. "If you weren't pregnant I would so get back at you" he says with a smirk.

Just as I was about to add a comment, I got the urge t throw up again. "Dammit" I say, covering my mouth and running to the bathroom. Niall followed behind me and did the usual sequence. This is going to be one long, hell of a trimester.

"Marley, Niall, come in!" Maura greets us as we get to the front door. We walk in and sit down in the living room. "Are you good?" Niall asks me quietly, checking to see if I look okay physically. "I'm okay for now. But I can't make any promises" I shrug.

"If you want any water just let me know" he adds before Maura walked in. We haven't told her yet that I'm pregnant and this visit was supposed to be the day we tell her.

"So, how have things been going for you two?" She asks, sitting down in her recliner. "Pretty good, work's been super busy" Niall says, answering the question for me. I shift a bit in my seat and Niall watches me carefully.

"How about you Marley?" Maura asks me with a smile. "I'm doing okay, what about you?" I ask, trying to find a comfortable position to sit in. "I'm doing great! I'm so happy you two are here" she smiles. "We are too mum" Niall says, rubbing my arm.

"Oh, have you spoken to your brother yet?" Maura asks Niall. "No I haven't, why?" He asks. "Denise had the baby last night" she smiles. "Really? What did they have?" I ask, remembering they wanted to be surprised.

"Another boy. He's beautiful" she answers. "Aren't all we Horan boys beautiful?" Niall chuckles, making me hit him playfully. "Well yes, because you got that from me" she smirks, making me laugh at Niall.

"True" he smiles. We laugh a bit more before I start getting that familiar feeling in my stomach: morning sickness. "Niall" I whisper, nudging his arm. He stops laughing and looks down at me with a concerned expression after reading mine.

"Is there something wrong?" Maura asks. "Um, no I just don't feel well. I'm going to go use the restroom real quick" I say, getting up quickly. I run to the bathroom and let everything out. I wish this wasn't a side effect.

After a few minutes I cleaned myself up and went back to the living room where Niall was watching me cautiously. "Everything okay?" Maura asks.

I glance at Niall before looking at her. "We should tell her now" I tell him, sitting down on the couch. "Tell me what?" She asks. Niall takes my hand and rubs the back of it with this thumb. We both smile at each other and giggle as we try to decide who should tell her.

"Well, we wanted to tell you that you're going to be a grandma for the third time" I say, smiling up at her. At first she sat motionless, staring at Niall and I with a blank stare. Then, a smile formed on her lips and she stood up to walk to us.

"Really?" She asks, giving me a hug. "Yes. I'm pregnant" I smile. She looks up at me with misty eyes and her smile grows. "How long?" She asks. "This is Marley's second week, almost her third" Niall says, smiling down at me.

"I can't believe it, my baby boy is going to have a baby himself!" Maura beams. Niall chuckles and places his hand on my stomach. "Indeed I am" he smiles. I smile back and place my hand over his. "Did this just happen or?" Maura asks.

"It took us a couple of months, but we're blessed that it happened now" I say. "I'm so happy, I truly can't wait to meet this baby" she says, rubbing my stomach. "We can't either" Niall adds. "Well, let's talk some more about this so that I can help Marley with morning sickness" Maura giggles. We all sat back down and Maura gave me tips for dealing with my side-effects.