Chapter fourteen

Week 17

-Marley POV-

"Okay, I have everything that can be packed for when we leave next week" I say, looking at a few of the new clothes we bought nicely folded in the suitcase. "Are you excited to see the boys again?" He asks, hugging me from behind. "Yes, are you?" I ask, looking back at him.

"Yeah, I can't wait to see the look on their faces when we tell them" he says, smiling at the thought. "I can't wait to see the look on your face" I say, poking his cheek. He flashes me a cheesy smile and I giggle. "Didn't you say they were making bets?" I add. "I think Louis, Harry, and Zayn are. Not sure about Liam" he says. "How much?" I laugh. "Right now, I think $30 if it's a boy and $40 for a girl" he says. "Someone's gonna make bank when they find out" I chuckle.

"I may or may not have made a bet as well" he says hesitantly. "You didn't" I say, not being able to contain my smile. "Yep. $45 for a girl" he says. "Why are you guys going so high?" I ask. "Apparently the boys have been doing this since we told them you were pregnant. And it's just added up since" he shrugs.

"I can't believe you guys are betting on our baby" I say, shaking my head and chuckling. "It helps us, I mean me calm down from being too anxious" he says. "I'm sure it does" I laugh, patting his hands. "How about we get some rest, yea? It's been a long day" I say, stretching my arms above my head.

------------------------------

Week 18

"Mum we're here!" Niall shouts as we walk into Maura's house. "In the kitchen!" She yells back. We step inside and her house was all set for tonight. "Mum it's just a small family party, you didn't have to do all of this" he chuckles at her. "Well all of your cousins and aunts and uncles are coming so I had to make room" she breathes.

"Have you been cooking all day?" I ask, peeking into her small and cozy kitchen. "Almost. Just a few things" she shrugs, taking off her apron. "Maura you don't need to do that, let me help" I say. "Now Marley I won't let you. You need to rest since you're carrying that beautiful grandchild of mine" she says, placing her hands on my belly. I pout and give her an irritated look.

"Maura, I can still cook and everything" I giggle. "I know but I'm pretty much done so I won't need your help" she smiles. "You're lucky I respect and love you Maura" I chuckle, following Niall to the living room. "Feelings are mutual honey" she chuckles.

"So how are you and the baby?" She asks, sitting on the love seat. "Baby's doing great. Loves waking me up at the crack of dawn for cravings" I laugh, rubbing my stomach. "And you?" She asks. "Pretty good for a pregnant woman. I'm not a big fan of the heartburn though" I shrug. "It's all worth it Marley" she smiles.

"Who's going to pick up the cake?" Maura asks, suddenly remembering it. "Greg said he would" Niall says. "Good. I can't wait to see what you're having!" She beams, clapping her hands together happily. "Neither can we! Niall and the boys have already been placing bets on what we're having" I say, looking up at Niall.

"Niall James, are you gambling on your unborn child?!" She asks in surprise. Niall looks down at me with a dirty look and mouths 'thanks' sarcastically. "It's nothing bad mum I promise" he says, trying to calm her down. "Niall, I raised you better" she says, waving a finger at him. He rolls his eyes and both Maura and I laugh lightly. "I'm here with the cake!" We all hear Greg say minutes later. "Put it in the fridge please!" Maura says. When I heard the cake was in the house I became more anxious since it's the answer to Niall's and I's question: what is the sex of our baby.

"Uncle Niall! Aunt Marley" A little girl shouts as she ran up to us. "Sara! Come here!" He says, kneeling down and picking her up. "How is my little cousin?" He asks her. "Good" she giggles. "Is that my baby cousin in there?" She asks, pointing to my stomach. "Yes it is. Do you want to feel them?" I ask, smiling up at her in Niall's arms. She nods excitedly and Niall places her down.

She puts her hand on my swollen belly and frowns. "Why can't I feel them?" She asks, looking up at me with sad eyes. "They're probably sleeping right now sweetie" I say while putting my hand on top of hers, not telling her the real reason why she can't feel the baby. "Oh" she says, looking back at my stomach.

"There you are!" Niall's cousin Amanda says as she found her daughter. "It's okay Amanda, we got her" Niall smiles at her. "Thank you, she just loves to run off to God knows where" she chuckles, giving Niall a tight hug. "This is what you two have to look forward to" she says, pointing to Sara.

"I bet" I smile. "So how've you been?" She asks me. "Pretty good myself, how about you?" I ask. "The same. Just busy with raising Sara but it's a blessing" she says, smiling at her daughter who was still rubbing my belly. Amanda is a single mom and has been since Sara was born. Niall says Amanda is the closest relative he has and has always been close since a young age. Amanda's husband left her when Sara was born and I feel bad for her, but she's managed to raise Sara perfectly.

"Well I'll let you two go, I'm going to go check up on my brother" she smiles, taking Sara with her. "Well that was nice" Niall says, wrapping his arm around my waist. "It was. It's always good to see Amanda" I say. "Hey I see your grandma over there, why don't you go talk to her?" I ask, putting my hand on his stomach. "Okay, you'll be alright though?" He asks.

"Yes, I have to go speak with your mother anyway" I say. He kisses me quickly before walking over to his grandmother. I catch Maura in the living room and talk with her and some more family members I haven't met yet. After waiting a bit, Maura and I decided it was time for the cake.

"Everyone, may I have your attention please?" I yell over everyone. The side conversations stopped and the entire guests were looking at me. "So Niall and I just wanted to say thank you everyone who came. My husband didn't know I was doing this so that's why he's not up here with me" I chuckle.

"I'm coming babe!" I hear him yell from the back. "Ni" I giggle, making everyone else laugh. He makes his way to me and stands next to me. "I'm here" he smiles. "Anyway, a lot of you now know that we're expecting. And the cake is pretty special, it was actually made to tell us the sex of our baby when we cut into it. And so it has come to this, singing 'Happy Birthday' to Niall first and then eating the cake" I smile.

Bobby brings out the cake and everybody sings to Niall as it's being placed in front of him. The cake was white on the outside with a little baby iced on the top. When everyone finished, Niall blew out the candle and the crowd clapped. "Cut it with me?" He asks me. I nod and grab the steak knife, him placing his hands over mine. I saw both of our hands were shaking as we slowly cut the cake. The adrenaline in my blood increased and so did my heart rate. I finally get to see what we're going to have.

Before Niall and I saw the color, Maura and Bobby cheered loudly, making everyone go on edge. I looked in a crack of the cut and I saw the faint color of pink. "It's a girl!" Niall shouts loudly. All of the guests cheered and whistled and Niall dropped the knife to the side.

He cupped my face and kissed me lovingly and passionately. I placed my hands over his and smiled into the kiss. We're going to have a baby girl. "I'm having a daughter" he says happily after pulling away. "We're going to have a daughter" I smile, a tear of joy escaping my eyes.

"I'm gonna have a baby girl. And I just won $85" he laughs, making me laugh harder. "We made bank baby" I giggle, remembering what I said earlier. He kissed me again and everyone clapped, then enjoying the delicious cake.