Chapter 34: Confession.

Start from the beginning

7. The word 'Ianthony' within a heart- to show how you all wanted us to date (crazy, right?)

8. A sketch of us playing Just Dance together (maybe cartoons?)- to symbolize that embarrassing moment

9. Me in the cat suit Anthony gave me for my b-day

10. A key, my house key to be exact- to show how he was a creep that kept showing up at my house by using my key

11. A Santa hat- to show how cute he looked while wearing it at Christmas 

12. A flower crown made of buttercups and daisies- to show how I'd made him a flower crown at New Years, just before we kissed.

The list kept going on as soon as I opened my mind up to all we'd done together. I filled up about two pages within an hour, a good accomplishment if I do say so. I put the pages away in my desk, hoping I hadn't forgotten to put something important down. 

I hope this works out as smoothly as it possibly could. 

~

DAY 1

I was at Mel's bright and early the next morning, coffee in hand to wake us both up. I had her favorite latte and a black coffee for me, to give me an extra boost of energy. 

She answered the door as soon as I knocked, looking much more awake than I felt. She was dressed in an old and baggy black t-shirt that already had paint splatters, and a rugged pair of sweatpants. I handed her the latte quickly as I stepped in the door. 

She took a quick sip, humming in appreciation upon catching the taste of it. "Okay, so everything is set up downstairs. Let's just relax, drink our coffees, discuss your ideas, and get to work. Sound like a solid plan?"

I nodded, sitting in a chair at her kitchen table. I blew on my drink, taking a sip right after. The bitter taste was clear and crisp, making me wrinkle up my nose. How could Anthony possibly enjoy drinking these? I'll never understand that aspect of him. 

I finished it though, way before Mel was even half done her latte. "So, let me read over the ideas you came up with," she said quietly. I handed over the two pieces of paper, a bashful grin on my face as she took them to read over everything that I'd came up with last night. "Wow," she said when she'd finished reading, "there's a lot here. You must have though really hard about this, huh?"

I shook my head, cheeks flushing a light pink. "No, but when I though of him and all we've done together..it just kept flowing and I just kept writing stuff down."

She smiled her sweet as candy smile, "well then I'm honored to help you with this."

"You're the best, Mel." 

She laughed, flicking her hair off of her shoulder dramatically. "I know."

~

"Okay, so I do have some ideas for what we can do for the background colors. We could split it into four quarters," she took out a pencil, doodling lines to divide the canvas into the equal parts. "And leave two parts white, the other two could be your favorite color and the other could be Anthony's. I know yours is blue, so we could do a pale or baby blue. But what's his?"

I didn't even have to think, the answer came to me automatically. "Red."

"Okay, so we can do a pale red in the top left corner, pale blue in the bottom right, and the other two parts white. So, we should start by deciding what drawings we want to go in each section." And she was no longer my friend Melanie, no, she was a serious artist who was committed to the task at hand.