Chapter 19: Okay.

~Ian's POV~

It's been really weird. The last few days, gifts have been showing up at my door. Some have been delivered, others just left on the doorstep.

The first was a box of pink frosted sprinkle donuts, my favorite. But I threw them out, not sure if they were safe to eat or not. After all, how much can you trust food you found on your doorstep?

Next was a delivered sweater, grey with a bear on it. The mail man (mail woman) said it was a mystery gift, no return address or anything.

Thirdly, a snap-back hat, in my favorite shade of dark blue that was in a small box outside my door. These gifts started arriving the day after Anthony and I's..disagreement. So, it's pretty safe to say that it's him.

He should really know that you can't win someone over just by buying them stuff. I want this all solved, but I don't see a clear solution to the problem. He doesn't see anything wrong with what he does or says, he says he "doesn't do relationship", but that's just a crappy lie.

He dated Kalel...Why not me? Or maybe it's just me playing a cruel joke on myself. Thinking he would want to date someone like myself, I'm not like him. I'm not vegan, I'm not incredibly good looking, I'm not overly intelligent. So what would he ever see in a guy such as myself?

I wandered off to bed that night, still lost in thought. But not before sticking a sticky note to my door.

Dear Anthony,

You can't make someone forgive you, especially not by wasting money on gifts. So keep your money and man-up.

P.S. I moved my house key.

~

I looked awful when I emerged from my house the next morning, noticing the note missing from my door. No package was laid upon my doorstep so I suppose he got the message, I didn't know whether to be happy or disappointed.

When I arrived at work I was greeted with a warm smile from Troye and a hug from Mel. I slid on my apron and got to work for a few hours, both taking orders and delivering them to people. I liked the new idea Melanie had, the writing of names on the cups, it made me feel like I worked in a fancier coffee shop, like Starbucks or something. And it was fun, getting to purposefully spell names wrong and watch people either laugh or look annoyed.

Dan, Phil, Mari and Matt entered the shop fairly close to the end of my shift, putting a smile on my face upon catching sight of my friends. I gave them a little wave as they approached, before taking on my professional persona. "Hello, what may I get you today?"

I took down their orders and told them the cost, them handing me the money and myself giving them the correct change. I made the orders within a few minutes, writing the names on the cups. Cue sneaky laughter. Mat, Mary, Danyul and Philly. Troye brought them their orders and they all shot me falsely angry glances, Dan flipping me off. This would anger or insult most people, but I just laughed.

My mood dropped immediately though when I saw the next person to enter the coffee shop, cliche as it was, it was none other than Anthony Padilla. I had a feeling it was less of a coincidence then most people would think. It wasn't some sign of fate or something, just him being a slight stalker.

I didn't let it show that he affected me so, just keeping the stoic look to my face. "Hello sir, what may I get you today?"

He shook his head and it was only then that I realized the dark circles under his eyes and the way his hair wasn't styled like usual. "Come on Ian, don't play that game. Just one of what I usually get and one of what you get. And a pink sprinkled doughnut."