Chapter 21

Rose's Point of View--Same Day

Staring my mother in the eye just after she caught me heavily making out with my fiance that she didn't even know about, made me shiver in terror. The look of "What the hell is this?!" was splattered on my mother's face like a Picasso painting. Dimitri stared as well and did all he could to cover me, his arms around me protectively and crushing me against his chest while my own arms covered my naked torso from view.

She stared at the two of us just as Mia and Lissa walked in, their eyes showing signs of approval. A thumbs up from Mia made my eyes roll and a shared expression of my mother on Lissa's face had her ushering my mortified mommy out of my bedroom. Mia closed the door behind them and whispered, "Sorry you guys."

I looked at Dimitri, who was still staring at the door and I groaned, falling back and hiding my face with my hands. "Oh. My. God."

"ебать" he cursed, falling beside me. His motions mimicked mine as the end music to the movie played.

* * *

After about ten minutes and pleading with Dimitri, our clothes were back on our bodies and we set out to find my mother. We found her in the parlor sitting with Lissa and Christian, talking about nothing in particular. My mother was still enraged; I could see it in her eyes, but she kept up conversation with her queen.

I hid behind Dimitri who stood solid as my rock and I held his hand tightly, his hand having a solid grip on mine. My mother, Janine Hathaway, looked up and smiled. She freaking smiled. "Well, nice of you two to make an appearance."

I frowned and began to step towards her, Dimitri holding me back. "Janine. So nice to see you." Dimitri said in a slightly patronizing tone. "I think it would have been nice to show you our home ourselves, though. Don't you think, Vasilisa?" He looked at Lissa and she put her hands up in defense.

"She pushed." She said simply.

Mom crossed her arms and smirked. "I just wanted to see the lovebird's hideaway. I just didn't expect to see you as half of the love. Belikov, you and a student?"

"Ex-student." I spit out. "I've been out of the academy for two years now; not that you cared to notice."

"But still a student Rosmarie," she yelled, "Ex or not." She stood, Dimitri's 6'7 stature towering over her 5 feet of height. She stood her ground even still, her gaze menacing. "So, it was Adrian who knocked you up then, eh Rose?"

"Don't you dare talk about my fiance like that сука." Dimitri threatened, "And she hasn't been near Adrian Ivashkov since I left."

My mother huffed, "So who was it, Rose? Was it Drozdov? Lazar? Or maybe it was Zeklos. I know you two had your affairs when you were at the academy."

Lissa and Christian just sat there, watching the show, while Dimitri stood taller if possible and growled, "Our child is none of your concern."

Janine Hathaway looked up at Dimitri and back at me. "That is impossible."

"All we are is impossible."

* * *

Rose's Point of View-- One Week Later...

I sat in my living room reading a book, my legs draped across Dimitri's lap. Aria was playing on the floor in front of us and the frown on my face stayed even through the funniest parts of the book. Dimitri and I had decided to wait out my mother's stay. Having meals in our apartment and leaving often; both to spend time with our family and to stay as far away from my mother as possible.

The only visitors we had were Lissa (who finally told Christian) and her fiance, and Mia and Alexei. Those were the only people we could stand to see anyway. Other than that, my mother kept her distance and has never seen Aria; and I planned on keeping it that way. My mother pissed me off even more than her stupid telegrams. And those pissed me off to no end.

Ever since the incident, Dimitri and I have kept each other at an arms length; and I will say this now, it is obvious that we are frustrated. Not even a kiss has been shared between us, and it makes me a little more than aggravated that my mother could do this to us.

My book was slammed into my lap in frustration. My head flew back. "I am so sick of this."

Dimitri looked up over his book. "What do you mean?"

I looked in disbelief. "I mean I am sick of my mother putting a strain on our relationship. We have barely kissed not to mention have sex in two weeks." I let my frustration show on my face. "I am so done with this."

He shook his head, "I agree Rose, but it is not like we can just walk up to her and make her be okay with our relationship."

"I can try." I whispered as I flung my legs off of the couch, kissed Aria's head, and walked out the door.

I wasn't going to take her bullshit anymore.

______________________________________________________________________________

Alright you guys. I looked at the overview and holy shit... We have readers from all over the world, and it is amazing. I can't even say how proud I am of this story and how grateful I am to you guys. One thing that I would ask is that there were more comments!

We have over two thousand reads on this story, and there are already thirteen amazing comments (shout out to those who commented!), but I would love to see more. I really do read every comment and I pay attention to your questions, the parts you loved, and the parts you hated. I would absolutely love more feed back. The feed back doesn't just make the story become more of a reality to me, but it pushes me to write more. I am writing this for you guys more than for myself. You are my inspiration for this story and I would just love to see more of the comments telling me that my inspiration is still thriving. 

So, thanks to everyone from the Phillipines to Hawaii. You are all amazing people and I couldn't ask for a better group to read this story! Keep being you <3

-Milli