Chapter 18

Rose's Point Of View--Two Weeks later

We have been moved into the apartment for about two weeks and have been left alone. Lissa has postponed her big announcement for a while so that Dimitri, Aria and I could relax and get used to our new place; which I loved her for. Aria was laying on her belly on a fleece tie blanket with a few toys, and Dimitri and I were watching a movie.

He had never seen it, but since we had talked about it, he wanted to. So, we settled on Life of Pie for our Friday movie night. It was a great movie when I saw it, so I wanted him to see it too.

"So, what is he doing now?" He asked, I was laying in front of him while cuddling with him. His hand was trailing up and down my arm.

"He is building a raft so that he doesn't have to be on the lifeboat with Richard Parker," I explained, cuddling closer into him. Aria let out a giggle for some reason, making me turn my head and smile at her. I went back to the movie, one eye on her at all times.

When we got to the part about the Dorado fish, I looked up at Dimitri and smiled at him. He was beautiful. I started to caress his cheek and he looked down at me lovingly. Suddenly, I heard a cry from Aria. Looking over to her, I saw only blood surrounding her. She wasn't moving. "A-Aria?" I called for her. "My Pushka!" I squealed. I ran to her, picking up her lifeless body. "My baby!"

"Don't you mean our baby?" Dimitri asked me. His voice was menacing. He stood up, looking straight at me; but it wasn't Dimitri.

Instead, it was his Strigoi version.

Red-rimmed eyes and fangs in all, my Dimitri was gone. He smiled maniacally at me with his teeth bared. "Oh, Roza. You couldn't save her in time. If only there was something you could have done."

I was a crying mess on the blanket, my shirt covered in blood. I stared at my love, my everything, and he stared back as if ready to attack. "Why?" I choked out.

"Because, my love. They needed me back."

I cried as he lunged at me.

* * *

Someone was shaking me.

"Roza? Roza? Wake up! Roza!"

I know that voice.

"Roza please."

"Di-mi-tri?" I stuttered.

There was a sigh. "Thank Vladimir you're awake."

I opened my eyes to see my love, my real love standing over me, a worried look on his face. "What... Happened?" I asked no one.

"You were having a nightmare. You were screaming and tossing and turning." He explained, helping me up slowly.

I looked around at my surroundings. We were in the living room in the apartment, but something was missing. I searched feverishly, looking for the missing component. "Where is Aria?" I asked, frantically.

"In her crib. You've been asleep for two hours." I looked up at him and tears started streaming. I hugged him and cried into his chest, needing comfort from the horrible dream I had. I couldn't, wouldn't imagine my life without this man. He was my rock, my shelter... my Everything.

I don't think I could deal with losing him or my baby girl. After I cried myself out, I got off the couch to Arias nursery. I cried when I saw her sleeping peacefully, Dimitri who followed close behind me hugged me tightly. He didn't want to know about the nightmare--he knew it was horrible.

When I had finally calmed down, I picked Aria up, just wanting to hold her for a while. Dimitri led me to the living room and I followed, we both sat on the couch with his arm around my shoulders and Aria sleeping away in my arms.

---------------------------------------------------------

Sorry about the short chapter, guys but I thought you deserved some update. Chapter 19 will be up when I can since I'm at work! Thanks you guys!