Chapter 9

Rose's Point Of View-The Same Day

Lissa and Mia were both fawning over the ultrasound picture of our little one. They have yet to find out if it is a girl or a boy-we are saving that for later.

Dimitri held me close to his side while Mia looked up, Mini Mia smiled a small smile and said "May I feel?"

I blushed a bit, having not been asked, "Yeah, sure Mia."

She smiled and placed her hand on some of my exposed skin. She smiled cooing and whispering words to my baby bump. Lissa looked at me for permission and I granted it, and soon enough she was doing the same thing. I laughed at Lissa as she touched my stomach, and she flinched. The baby had kicked in her direction and it was almost cute to see her eyes wide in fascination. I don't think she had ever seen a pregnancy before.

I stood before my friends-no my family, who had a new thing to look forward to. And I was very excited for this new thing, because she was going to be mine.

Speaking of family...

I looked up at my boyfriend who was smiling at the fawning girls. "Comrade, did you tell your family that you were having a baby?"

There was a sudden realization that dawned on his face. "дерьмо*"I knew that wasn't a good word.

* * * (Translation*: Shit)

"мама, it isn't impossible, I am telling you."

Silence.

"I am sorry I didn't tell you, I was just... Preoccupied."

Silence.

"No. Yeva isn't well enough to make the trip."

Silence.

"мама please. It's okay don't."

Silence. Phone-staring. Groaning.

Dimitri fell onto the bed, growling into the pillow, I looked over to him from my phone and put my hand on his head, stroking his hair. "Family issues?"He grumbled in agreement. "I know the feeling." I replied. He looked up at me, his hair hiding his beautiful face. I tilted my head and moved the hair away from it, so I could see his piercing brown eyes. "I know how to make it better."

He smirked and moved up to kiss me; I returned the kiss and before we knew it, we were shirtless and on top of each other. The one thing that stopped me, and was an instant turn-off is what he whispered into my ear.

"My family is coming to visit."

"What?!"

* * *(Timehop: One Hour Later)

I was laying back in the jacuzzi bath in my bathroom and thinking about the recent events of today. I was a little angry about the Dimitri-telling-me-his-family-was-visiting-in-the-middle-of-almost-getting-some problem, but I was cooling down. I looked at the baby bump that blocked the view of my feet and smiled. I noticed just how soon this little miracle would be coming to greet us. I was excited for her to come and show us what she looked like.

I ran my hands over the bump and got a very good response about it. The little girl kicked my hand as it ran down, I smiled and decided to try something new. I read somewhere that talking to your baby is something that I should do to bond with it. So, I wanted to try.

"Hello in there," I started awkwardly. "This is... Well, your mommy speaking." This was so weird. "You are going to be so amazing and so happy.. You have aunts and uncles who will protect you, and your mommy and daddy will always be here for you, my little girl. My little Pushka." I smiled, this was actually kind of therapeutic. "Your daddy and I love you so, so much. We are so excited for you to come and meet everyone. I just know you are going to be so sweet and strong and beautiful."

"Just like her mother." Dimitri's voice came from the doorway. My face went red and I looked at him, ducking my head underwater. When I couldn't breath, I raised my head just a little so my nose was peaking out. Dimitri laughed, walking over to the tub and placing a hand on the side. "You know," he talked straight to the baby. I smiled underwater and raised my head up all the way. "Your mama is a very strong person. She has dealt with me for many years now, and I couldn't love her any more than I do, because I love her so very much." I blushed. "And, little Pushka," he liked the nickname too. I smiled through the red. "I want you to help me ask your mama if she would marry me."

He produced a beautiful silver ring with a diamond in the middle. And held it out to me. He looked at me and I could tell he was nervous. It didn't show very blatantly, but you would have to know Dimitri for a long time to see it. There were tears in my eyes, and I smiled wider as he smiled.

"Yes."