Chapter 3 - Two Different Sets of Brothers

Start from the beginning

"Okay, Y/N, what do you want to do throughout this awesome day with the awesome me?"

You see Ludwig roll his eyes out of the corner of your vision, you stifle your laughter.

"I really don't know Gilbert; I wasn't really planning on going to town."

"Then we could not just do anything."

"If you're going to waste my time I'm going to leave," Ludwig snaps.

"We're on break," Gilbert argues, "you have no work!"

"I still have a lot of paperwork to do. Besides, it's only a break from the front lines."

"Be that way, I'll just spend time with Y/N alone." Gilbert wraps his arm around your neck and pulls you closer.

You swore you had no clue what the hell was going on.

"Unless," Gilbert added, "you plan on manning up." A light blush tints Ludwig's cheeks and you're starting to get red yourself. Gilbert is literally hugging you in a really awkward way. With a heavy sigh, Ludwig turned back around as if he was going to head back to the bar.

"I'll see you tonight."

"So unawesome," Gilbert yelled after him. You growl slightly, you're really starting to get uncomfortable.

"Alright Y/N, what type of awesome stuff are we going to do?"

"I wouldn't mind going home and doing work. I also wouldn't mind if you would stop clinging to me."

"You can't go back because then you would end up as unawesome as my brother."

"Don't really care."

"Well then, what about the market?"

"You totally-"

"Okay, that's your awesome choice." His hand intertwines with yours as he drags you away. That wasn't really a choice.

Giving a sigh of defeat, you agree to spend the day trying to get your job finished. Alfred was right. You didn't belong in Germany.

It was soon going to be time for you to go home.

.

.

.

"How can you eat that?" Prussia asks, watching as you dunk ketchup on your wurst.

"Do you have a problem?" You take a bite. Gilbert didn't respond. Yes, you knew that usually Germans preferred Mayonnaise. And when they did give you ketchup it wasn't the sweet kind you were used to. It was spicy. And very hot. Your brain wandered to the first time you had curry ketchup. You had sent a package home to Alfred and he had thrown a fit over how disgusting it was on a burger.

You sigh.

If only you could just have a normal burger instead of a wurst. Not that you had anything against wurst.

"Y/N?" You snap out of your spaced out state, shooting Gilbert a small smile you turn back to your wurst. Not even taking a bite you start to zone off again.

This time, you feel something tugging on your hair, turning you slap Gilbert's hand away from you.

"Stop it," you say. He reaches forward again, tugging gently on your hair again.