Chapter 15

I gape at the city with more excitement this time. I have this sense of security, knowing how I got here and having my little friend here, lacing his fingers with mine.
We stroll down the boulevard and I notice the bakery I passed coming in.
I take a noticeably deep breath and close my eyes, catching Hisao's attention. He's grinning at me.
"The bakery? Yeah, smells heavenly, doesn't it?" He asks, mocking my previous intake of breath.
"So very!" I say excitedly, and I am being tugged in the door. The aroma of all different types of pastries, icings, and pastes fill my senses. Hisao tugs me up to the glass container and I see numerous heavenly looking pastries.
"Pick some!" Hisao says.
"What? No, I couldn't let you buy me anything el-"
"Nonsense. You're my guest! Now pick, or I will pick for you!"
My grin widens and I roll my eyes, selecting a few that look best to me.
A mini strawberry cheesecake, a chocolate mudslide, a cup of dirt, and a couple of cupcakes are what I tell him look good, and he gets all of them, along with his selections!
We are completely loaded as we start back down the boulevard, stuffing our faces as we go along. These sweets are amazing! I'm so grateful for Hisao and his generosity right now. Of course, I was the minute he took me under his wing.
We pass a cafe, and I ask Hisao if we can go in there to eat our pastries. We go in and take a seat at a back table, and as soon as we get settled, Hisao stands back up.
"What coffee do you get?"
"No! I don't want you t-"
Hisao smacks the table with both hands, laughing.
"Don't make me guess!" He grins.
"A pumpkin spice latte, I guess!" I say, poking a lip out at him.
He winks and scurries up to the front. I grin and roll my eyes, returning my focus to the little pieces of heaven in our bakery box. He is so sweet and not to mention cute! His messy, black hair falls into his face and his big, brown eyes warm me every time they smile at me and .... Are you really crushing on this animated boy? My subconscious interrupts my wonderland thoughts with her nagging.
Just then I notice Hisao approaching the table, a coffee in each hand, and a huge smile plastered across his face. I can't help but smile back, it's so contagious.
"Thanks.. Again" I say, shaking my head at him.
"Anytime" he winks.
I take small sips from my coffee and it is amazing. It reminds me so much of back home. My mind drifts to Kate. How will I tell her about this? She'll think I'm insane. There's just no possible way. I set my cup down and count my fingers again. I also try pinching myself. No use, I am awake. I am awake and in a different dimension.
"What are you doing?" Hisao asks, cocking his head to the side.
"Making sure I'm awake. This is ethereal." I say, picking up my coffee and drinking from it again.
"Well, to me, you're ethereal." This catches me off guard and I think my cheeks just flushed.