Chapter 14

I immediately pull him into a hug. He's caught off guard by it, but I feel his arms slide up and around me back. He feels so real, it's just mind boggling! The whole situation is mind boggling. I can't even fathom any of it, but at the moment, I couldn't care less.
We both slowly pull away from the hug and I catch a sense of reluctance. I see Hisao's cheeks have a hint of red to them.
"So.." I say, breaking the awkward silence, "you should totally give me a detour of this amazing city of yours! I live in an extremely small town back home and a break like this is just what I need!"
"Well, you'd have to have that hood pulled over your face constantly" Hisao laughs.
"How ominous of me" I smirk, glancing from side to side.
"Unless..." He trails off, then starts back. "Unless we could get into my mom's makeup. We might could make you look real. I don't think it'd be very hard to do.. "
Make me look real. I giggle internally. Here, I'm the animated one. That's my adjective. It's opposite here and I don't know why I find that as amazing as I do. Are there movies and T.V. shows of real people here, and these are called animations? I shall ask Hisao later.
"That would be totally cool" I finally answer.
"Cool" he smiles, rubbing the back of his neck again.
~
"You look beautiful!" Hisao's voice chirps.
I feel my cheeks heat up. I have decorated my face in Hisao's mom's makeup and I look extremely fake. I look like a Barbie. My face now has the airbrushed affect.
"It totally worked! You look like a grey-eyed Rapunzel!" Hisao spins me around, and tugs me toward the stairs. I am extremely excited to see the city!! I'll actually get to see it this time and Hisao has full confidence that I will blend right in. On our way down, he snatches some hair gel, or hairspray, or something and lathers my hair. When my blonde locks fall back down in my view, they look as airbrushed as my face. This is spectacular. How does one go through a transformation like this?
I notice Hisao gaping at me.
"If anyone offers you a modeling gig, say no. No one can find out of your animation. Just me." He says, and with that, he takes my hand and tugs me out the door.