Hungry.......

Author's POV

Thuli sat on the sofa, scrolling through the photos her brother and Amudhan sent, selecting the best ones to frame...

Yes, Thulir and Agathiyan's wedding was conducted simply at the registration office...As per Thulir's wish, Tisya managed to persuade the family that the newlyweds would reside alone in their grandparents' home for a while. Certainly, Innisai was not easily convinced......

Innisai was the one who loved  Agathiyan and Thulir more than anyone else, yet they maintained a distance from her since childhood. Agathiyan spent most of his childhood with Magil and Tisya rather than his own parents...

Thulir maintained a distance from Innisai because of the conversation she accidentally overheard when her mother was pregnant with the twins...

When the conversation turned to marriage, Innisai was ecstatic, the happiest of all. She dreamed of partaking in every single ritual and fully celebrating each moment of her son and Thulir's wedding.....

Innisai, being closest to Gowri, grew up admiring her. Thulir, who shared Gowri's nature, made Issai grow even fonder of her in the cousin's gang...She may have been the first to always hope that Agathiyan would end up with Thulir. She supported their relationship from a young age but never loudly voiced it or tried to force it. When it naturally happened, she was overjoyed to welcome Thulir as her daughter-in-law.....

So the news of them living alone away from her upset her the most....yet she finally convinced herself new weds do need privacy...

An hour had passed since Agathiyan left her at home to go to court. Thulir felt bored alone in the silent room. She had chosen this, and she knew she needed to become more accustomed to the quiet. She had to find other ways to occupy herself during Agathiyan's absence in their home. His profession demanded it, and she understood that she couldn't expect him to spend all his time with her......

she already trained to be alone during her Master's and PhD years...she just has to get back those skills again...She is not Thulir Jayadev anymore she is Thulir Agathiyan now...she smiled at touched her Thali he tied on her neck a few hours before...

Just then, she heard the doorbell ring. Thinking it might be the food delivery, she got up and walked towards the main door to open it.

Only to find her father and brother standing with bags in their hands; the logos on them clearly indicated they were food parcels....she smiled at them got the bags from her father and asked them to come inside...

"I ordered food already Paa....what is the need of you bringing all this huh??"

Thulir asked passing the water bottle to Jayadev, but before he could respond, the doorbell rang again...

"See the order came .."

Thulir moved to open the door and this time it was Jaishankar.

"Thathaa.."

"Where are your father and brother....how can they leave me and come to meet my Kannu.."

He voiced out his distress.

"Paa I thought you needed rest that's why I didn't call you to  join us  "

Jayadev reasoned out.

"Exactly Thatha..."

Thuyavan supported his father's point swallowing a second Gulab jamun..

"See, they have brought it for you, and he is eating himself."

Jaishankar said knocking his grandson's head lightly gaining a playful glare from Thuyavan...Thulir shook her head looking at the trio....before she spoke again there was a knock.