Chapter 2

Shravya was getting ready to meet her potential future husband, although she didn't know it yet.

She adorned herself in a red anarkali suit, complemented by minimal makeup and oxidized jewelry, and sprayed on her favorite perfume.

She went downstairs to help her mother prepare snacks, but rolled her eyes at the array of delicacies laid out for the guests. (Typical Indian moms.)

Hearing the sound of a vehicle outside and her father's voice, her mother went out to greet the guests, while Shravya was called a few moments later.

With a tray full of cups, she served everyone.

When it was his turn, she glanced at him briefly before shifting her attention to the other guests. After a few minutes, they were sent off to have a private chat.

Shravya led him to the terrace, and they both sat quietly for a few seconds before Pranay broke the silence.

"Hey," he said.

"Hello," she replied meekly.

"Damn, her voice," he thought. "Well, I know this is kinda awkward, but don't worry. I kinda liked you ever since Mom showed me your picture, and I definitely see my future with you."

Shravya felt her heartbeat quicken, a red hue spreading across her cheeks. Pranay was amazed by her reaction.

"I do like you as well," Shravya said, finally gaining the courage to speak. "But I need time. This is a very big deal for me and a big decision."

Pranay nodded in understanding. "Don't worry about that. We'll proceed with the marriage only when you're sure.

Maybe we can date until then to get to know each other," he said, winking and making Shravya blush yet again.

They returned downstairs with smiles adorning their faces, relieving their families.

"It's a yes from both of us, but we need some time to get to know each other before getting married," Pranay said.

Their families nodded, understanding their children's wishes.

"Welcome to our family, Bhabhi!" Misha said, jumping up to hug Shravya, who reciprocated warmly.

The next day, Shravya was getting ready for their first date. They had exchanged numbers and received permission from their families to go out.

She chose a yellow summer dress with some chunky jewelry and her favorite perfume. Hearing a car honk, she gave herself a once-over before leaving her room.

Downstairs, she saw her parents talking with Pranay. After bidding them goodbye, she hopped into his car.

A comfortable silence filled the car, accompanied by a soft song playing on the radio, until they reached their destination: a classic vintage-style café.

The waiter seated them, and they placed their orders. As they waited, Pranay spoke.

"So, tell me about yourself."

"Well, I'm a teacher, and I'm very happy and content with what I'm doing. I love spending my time with those kids."

As Shravya spoke, Pranay looked at her with adoration and pride.

"Now your turn," Shravya said, just as their food arrived.

"You already know I own my family's business, and I'm very proud of all my achievements."

They spent their time asking about each other's likes and dislikes, getting to know one another better.

Finally, they were back in front of Shravya's house, neither wanting to part ways just yet.

"Uhm, I'll see you next week," Shravya said, unlocking her seatbelt.

But suddenly, Pranay gripped her arm. He slowly leaned towards her, making Shravya's breath hitch and her eyes close. Pranay pecked her forehead, and they both smiled contentedly.

"Go," Pranay whispered to a blushing Shravya, who ran straight into her house, making Pranay chuckle in amusement.

______________________________________

Hey everyone I hope you all are doing well, unfortunately I couldn't update these few days as I'm staying at my Nani's house in my native place so I'm not getting enough time 😮‍💨 but I'll make sure to be more frequent hope you like the chapter do vote and comment till then take care❤️