4. It just began!

After a quick goodbye to the Srivastav's, Dad joined me while the others left in a different car

After a quick goodbye to the Srivastav's, Dad joined me while the others left in a different car. We drove in silence. He tried to start a conversation, but my curt responses and gestures made him stop trying.

As we drove along the beach road, Dad suddenly said, "Rishi, stop the car."

"I need to get home quickly. I have a meeting tomorrow," I replied.

"I won't delay you much. Just pull over," he insisted. I obliged.

The cool night air caressed us as we walked silently next to each other. When I was younger, my dad and I would frequently visit this place. Despite their wealth, my parents found joy in simple things. I watched the waves gently touch the shore, as if they were coming home after a long day of work.

"Rishi, I understand your frustration," Dad began, his voice gentle. "But don't you think Anshika has a right to the company just like you? She is an heir to the business too."

"Dad, please! I'm not denying her right to be part of the business. I just don't like her being part of my company."

Dad cut me off. "Isn't your business also ours? M&S Constructions is a part of the M&S Group, right?

I fell silent for a few moments. "We don't even know if she's capable, Dad. It's not like we're following the usual hiring process. You want to hand everything to her on a silver platter. I'm sure you wouldn't have done that even for Reva. You've always favoured Anshika. It's totally unfair," I grunted in frustration.

You know, a lot of the board members, investors, and partners in Dharam's business opposed his decision to team up with me. He was adamant, though. He was unaffected by their protests. He partnered with me to establish the M&S Group. I will always remember that until the day I die. Anshika is his daughter, and I want only the best for her. So yes, I don't care if she deserves it, if she's capable, or if it's unfair. She wants to build a career in this field, and she will receive all the support required to make it happen."

How could I respond to this at all? I said nothing. I knew that trying would not make him change his decision, so I didn't want to spend my energy.

*****

Karthik came to inform me that Dad was in the conference room waiting for me. I nodded, got up, and buttoned my coat as I walked to the meeting room just down the cabin.

As expected, Dad was there with the little hurricane. She stood next to him, looking confident in a grey formal skirt and a peach-coloured blouse. For a moment, I was struck by how sexy she looked. Her attire accentuated her elegance, making it hard not to admire her. She was being introduced to the architecture and interior design team.

Everyone greeted me as soon as I walked in. Anshika avoided looking at me, but I could sense the uneasiness in her posture. I welcomed her to the company formally, and she played along with a "thank you," ensuring we did not show our differences to the people present there. Dad had requested my assistant, Palki, to help her, and he had even prepared the cabin next to mine for her. This was his way of showing that she held as much power as I did in the company. I let him do whatever he wanted.

The staff left the room after a brief conversation. She turned to my father and said, "Uncle, I promise to work hard and prove myself."

"You'll do it, Princess, I'm sure." He caressed her cheek lovingly with a smile. I just want to advise you both to stop fighting and start treating each other with dignity. Remember that this is a workplace, so conduct yourself accordingly."

I scoffed internally. "Don't worry, Dad. I won't be involving myself much in the departments she's going to be part of, so there won't be any problems." She glared at me, knowing I was lying. I excused myself, saying I had to go for a site visit.

Later that day, when I returned to my office, I told Karthik and Palki to come inside while I headed to my cabin.

There was a soft tap on the door.

"Come in."

Karthik walked in with his iPad, followed by a nervous Palki. I don't understand why she gets so nervous in front of me. I rarely interact with her.

"You met Ms. Anshika Srivastav this morning?" I asked her.

"Yes, Sir. Don't worry. We will help her. We will ensure ma'am doesn't face any troubles here in the company."

"I don't want you to help her. Actually, if you manage to make her flee, you will be rewarded." Do anything, but she should give up and leave the company," I commanded.

She was taken aback. She glanced at Karthik, who looked as shocked as her.

"Understood?" My voice broke their shock.

Palki gave a nod. But Karthik retorted, "But Sir has ordered us to assist her."

"Karthik, who do you report to?"

"You, sir."

"Whose orders should you take?"

"Yours!"

"Good. You are welcome to leave here and go work with my dad if you are eager to follow his instructions rather than mine.

"I apologise, sir," he muttered.

"Palki, I am counting on you. Dad asked you to help her. Pretend like you are helping, but do what you have to do. My only expectation is that Anshika leaves, and my dad doesn't know I am responsible for it."

They nodded, looking at me like I had grown a horn. I dismissed them.

I respect my father. Anshika might be my father's favourite, but I wasn't going to make it easy for her. She wanted to prove herself. Fine. Let her try. But I would make sure she cannot.

.

.

.

Thanks For reading! see you in the next part.