018.

Yoana Thomas

I sat in the booth at Cracker Barrel playing with my hands waiting anxiously for Arrya's arrival

I sat in the booth at Cracker Barrel playing with my hands waiting anxiously for Arrya's arrival. I gave this situation a lot of thought and I've come to the decision that I'm going to hear her out and forgive her but I don't want her to play apart in my life.

Although, I wanted the bond as bad she did I couldn't bring myself to be around her. She probably has changed but as far as I know she could snake me out any day.. I can't believe she did it because we're blood. We came from the same woman. I guess blood don't mean shit to most people cause I know I would never do her how she did me.

I was anxious to see what she had to say about what she did to me. I was hurt by her actions and I'll never get over what she did and I can't be around her trying to play a happy sister, sister bond knowing what she did still effects me.

I heard heels clicking against the wooden floors of the restaurant, I looked up seeing Arrya walking towards me. I took a deep breath, getting myself together mentally and physically.

She had on a red v neck dress, her natural hair pulled into a slick back and black shades covering her eyes. One thing we did get from our mother was good hair. She was mixed with Indian, Mexican and Canadian and my dad kind of played a part in our hair he was mixed with Dominican.

She sat down in the seat placing her hands together. I felt her staring directly in my eyes. I took another deep breath before speaking.

"Talk" I simply said not knowing no other way to put it since I was here to hear her out.

"Yoana I'm sorry" She stated, slowly pulling her glasses down so I could see her eyes.

Her big brown eyes that were almost bloodshot red looked at me with tears filling her eyes.

"I don't understand.." I mumbled feeling my throat become frog.

"I didn't know we'd both become hooked.. It was supposed to be a one time thing" She said allowing her tears to fall, "We became hooked Yoyo I tried.. I swear I did.. mama tried to save us at the same time Yoyo you didn't want our help"

"Y'all abandoned me.. I was left on the streets to fein for myself! I almost died! I damn near overdosed and thats what made me open my eyes. Y'all didn't give a damn about me that much she cared about you more than she cared about me!" I spat feeling my tears fall down my face as I tasted the bitter, salty taste hit my lip.

"Yoana I'm sorry I have no explanation for what I did! I was young and I wanted to fit in and I let my thoughts take over me and I dragged you into what I was getting involved into.. Tony didn't care about me and I didn't see that until I was hooked and left by myself Yoana"

I shook my head looking away from her. "You abandoned me" I said once again, "What are you not getting Arrya? You got me hooked and left me to fein for myself in this wicked ass world! You got help and I didn't! You were able to have our mama to help you overcome drugs and I didnt!" I said feeling myself grow angry.