Chapter 4: Disaster

(This is where the paths diverge, and the characters go their separate ways. Sure, this happens for now, but I wouldn't worry as much. I love happy endings. They will have one, but also, I am so glad I returned to Hetalia which is a weird sentence to say, but I am! Enjoy!)

                  Out of everything she expected to hear for her coronation, that sentence was certainly not it. She stared at her big brother who only held a smile.

"Now, let me announce you to the world," China said as they entered the throne.

She waited by the balcony as China went to find the golden crown to place on his little sister's head. They rehearsed this many times, so she knew everything would be fine. So, why couldn't she shake this terrible feeling that something awful was creeping towards them? China was taking steady breaths as he examined the wonderful, golden crown. He gently felt the golden, metal material on the crown. The time was approaching for his fate along with the fate of their lives. He always watched his siblings grow up before him, but now, it would be time for them to depart on their own and save everything. At peace with his decision, he held the golden crown gently.

As they prepared for grand ceremony, Japan waited by the doors and observed his conspirators who were standing with him, waiting for his orders. He had his back to them while gripping his hands tightly at his sides. Conflicting emotions swirled as he internally struggled to keep everything in order. With his hands gripping his sides, he remained focused on his true goal.

"Scatter to the garden and the level below us when the gong sounds" Japan ordered as let them go except for Prussia, "And I have a personal mission for you"

Prussia raised a brow at him before Japan ordered strongly, "Kill the twins. If you do not, they will cause more problems for me. Once I am king, I shall release those locked away and ensure of your sister-in-law's health"

Externally, Prussia took a bow and departed, but internally, he was already thinking of another idea. An idea that would surely get himself nearly killed, but he did pull off stupider ideas before turning away. Well, he doesn't always follow orders, so why start now?

As for Prince Japan, he secured his katana in the sleeves of his kimono and entered the throne room to find his older sister waiting by the balcony, listening to the wind and the excited voices of the people. China had his back turned to them and doing the finishing touches on the crown. Each step the prince took was heavier than the last, as the prince felt conflicts of two beings wrestling to him. He wanted to cry out in pain and stop himself from committing he worse mistake of his life.

Vietnam spared a glance at her younger brother who didn't even acknowledge her presence at all. She felt dread as she saw her younger brother's back and making his way to their big brother. Something was wrong with this. This wasn't the same reserved young man who would argue with their older brother or even joke with their younger siblings. She wanted to run up there, but something made her stay in her place. Though, she was completely unaware of her younger brother was concealing his katana in his sleeves.

America stared at the jade bracelet around his wrist with a curious expression until Canada shouted his name to gain his attention. He jumped before holding his wrist out to her to show her the bracelet.

"What? Where did you get that?" she asked as she adjusted her glasses to examine it.

Before he could properly explain, they heard Taiwan calling to them with excited steps.

"Hey! Why are you just standing here?! Come on! We've got a ceremony to attend!" she exclaimed as she took their hands and pulled them after her to the throne room.

The rest of the siblings were standing outside of the throne room with Singapore and Malaysia standing at attention. Both opened the doors to have them greet China, Japan, and Vietnam, but they only saw Vietnam who was gazing at her brothers, unaware of the shift in the atmosphere and the situation before them. The rest followed her gaze as America realized China's words and looked at Vietnam with concern.