𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗘𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡. 𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗢𝗡𝗚 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗖𝗔𝗣𝗔𝗕𝗟𝗘 𝗚𝗜𝗥𝗟

CHAPTER NINETEEN

❝ strong and capable girl ❞

     AFTER getting off the phone with Seth, Nina wasted no time heading up to her room and going through her closet for something to wear. She was the type of person who didn't really enjoy dressing up unless the situation called for it or she felt the need to look extra nice. She didn't have anything against people who loved to dress up, it just wasn't for her. Nina lived in her baggy jeans with hoodies that she stole from her friends and Converse but she felt that this was a special enough occasion to dress up a little bit.

She looked through her clothing, pulling out the few skirts she owned and setting them on her bed. Half of them were longer skirts and the other half were knee-length or shorter. Because of the chill, the girl wasn't sure which to wear but ultimately decided on one of her knee-length skirts that had a red and white checkered pattern. She paired it with a thin, black sweater before feeling satisfied with the look.

Nina decided that she needed to take a shower as well, wanting to look and feel her best. There was something about hanging out with Seth in this new setting where she wasn't sure whether he intended it to be a date that made the girl's stomach do flips. There was a part of the girl that wanted it to be a date but a small part of her was worried that it would all end badly. She hated thinking about her relationship with Jared so often but it had truly made her anxious to pursue anything with anyone else. She also was just always nervous about relationships.

Once she was out of the shower, Nina rushed to dry off and get her robe on. The girl put on a Britney Spears vinyl and cranked up the volume to help her relax. She blow-dried her hair to ensure that she would have enough time to do something with it later. The girl quicking threw on her clothes, adding a pair of slightly sheer black tights under her skirt to help avoid the chill at least a little bit. She then began on her makeup, wanting to have time to fix it later on in case she messed it up.