11. I will drop her myself.

After breakfast, the family lingered at the table, engaged in light-hearted banter. Meera, still feeling the warmth of the morning's welcome, glanced at Vikrant, now her husband. Remembering the traditions she grew up with, she refrained from calling him by his name, opting instead for respectful and affectionate terms like "Ji".

As the conversation continued, Anjali turned to Meera, a kind smile on her face. "Meera, come with me. There are a few things about the household I'd like to show you."

Meera nodded, feeling a mix of curiosity and apprehension. She followed Anjali to the kitchen, where the hum of activity signaled the heart of the home.

"In our family," Anjali began, "cooking is something we all take pride in. Your father-in-law and both sons, they don't quite enjoy food cooked by anyone else but the family. So, we usually prepare all meals ourselves. I'll introduce you to our routine, and I'm sure you'll fit right in."

Meera nodded, eager to learn and contribute. "I understand, Maaji. I'll do my best."

Anjali's eyes twinkled with approval. "Every evening, we prepare some snacks for tea. Today, let's make something simple. How about pakoras and samosas?"

Meera smiled, already feeling at ease. "That sounds wonderful, Maaji. I'd love to help."

As they worked together, Anjali shared more about the family's preferences. "Your father-in-law likes his tea with just a hint of ginger, while Vikrant prefers it strong with a touch of cardamom. Bulbul has a sweet tooth, so she loves anything with a bit of extra sugar."

The afternoon passed quickly, filled with laughter and shared stories. Meera found herself feeling more at home with each passing moment. Once the snacks were ready, Anjali and Meera set the table for tea.

As they enjoyed their tea, the conversation turned to Vikrant's promised gift. Meera, feeling more comfortable, couldn't help but feel curious. Vikrant saw this but understood that she would not ask for it herself.

"Bring the materials I asked for," he instructed.

The servant soon returned with a large package. Vikrant handed it to Meera, his eyes gleaming with excitement. "This is for you. I hope you like it."

Meera carefully opened the package to reveal a set of high-quality paints, brushes, and canvases. Her eyes widened in surprise and delight. She turned to Vikrant, her heart swelling with gratitude. "Ji, this is... this is perfect. Thank you so much." She could not speak more.

Meera looked at Anjali and Prithvi, seeking their approval. Anjali nodded warmly. "Of course, Meera. We'd love to see your talent."

Bulbul's eyes lit up. "Yes! We have some beautiful spots around here. I'll show you all my favorite places. But..But you will draw my portrait first."

Bulbul couldn't contain her excitement and again exclaimed. "Bhabhi, you have to start with my portrait! And then, we can go out and I'll show you the best places for inspiration."

Meera laughed, feeling an unprecedented sense of belonging. "Alright, Bulbul. I'll start with you. But only if you promise to be a good model."

Bulbul grinned. "Deal!"

The family was still basking in the warmth of their conversation when the phone rang. A servant answered it and then approached Prithvi, "Saab, Ishwarpur se Veerender Pratap ji ka phone hai."

Prithvi exchanged glances with his wife and son before taking the phone. "Namaste, Veerender ji. Kaise hain aap?"

Veerender's voice crackled through the receiver. "Namaste, Prithvi ji. Hum sab theek hain. Aap sab kaisa hain?"