4. The Meet & Greet

2 Days later,

The Pratap and Rathore family had decided to meet today at Ishwarpur, at Haveli of Pratap's.

The entire Rathore family had started after breakfast. The matchmaker lady had come yesterday and informed Anjali about the Pratap Family. Shortly after Prithvi had returned with Vikrant, they had decided to meet next day itself.

Vikrant was driving the car While Prithvi was telling about the business and status of Pratap Family.

Arjun- Bauji, aap unse pehle mile hain?

Prithvi- Nahi, hum mile nahi hain par unke baari mein suna hua hai yeh sab.

Anjali- I hope everything goes good there.

Bulbul- Maa, do not worry. Whatever will happen, will happen for good.

The Rathore's reach at Pratap's place.
The Haveli seemed as if standing tall since decades.

Veer and Veerendra Pratap welcomed Rathore's with huge smiles.
Anika and Gauri stood behind with veil on their heads. They too joined their hands and welcomed them.

After sometime,
Anika served them snacks. While Gauri stood there watching the proceedings.
Veerendra, Veer, Prithvi, Arjun were in a conversation while Vikrant gave his inputs here and there. Anjali and Bulbul were quiet at most of time.

Prithvi- We would like to meet Meera, if there is no problem.

Veerendra- Ji Ji sure. Gauri, go and bring Meera.

Bulbul- Maa, May I also go.

Anjali looks at Prithvi and then nods. Bulbul goes along with Gauri.

In the room, Meera sat at her bed, nervous for the upcoming meeting knowing very well that rejection from the Rathore family would not be good for her as her brother has promised while she was not confident in herself for the alliance fearing if her life would be like Anika, getting beaten by husband, slapped by mother in law and taunted all the times. And the worst faking to be happy all the time and maintaining the respect of family in the society.

Gauri knocks the door and enters along with Bulbul. It was a simple room, not majestic like the other parts of Haveli.
They together bring Meera downstairs.

As Vikram's eyes fell upon Meera for the first time, there was a subtle shift in the room's energy. The delicate features of her face, adorned with a hint of innocence, captivated his attention. He couldn't help but notice the demure posture she maintained, a stark contrast to the oppressive atmosphere that hung in the Pratap household.

Meera moves forward and touches the feet of Prithvi, Anjali, who blessed her by patting her head.
She further moves towards and about to bend to touch his feet.
Arjun- Ohh...bhabhi please nahi. I am younger than bhai. You will be elder to me in future. Everybody laugh at this especially RATHORE'S who shook their heads at Arjun's antics.

Meera on hearing bhabhi looks up and meets Vikrants' eyes, who was already looking at her. She gets shy and moves towards Anika to stand.

On seeing this, Anjali asks Meera to sit with her. Meera looks at her brother for permission who nods slightly.

None of this escaped Vikrant's sharp eyes who took note of the dynamics at play. His sharp eyes caught glimpses of Meera's innocence, overshadowed by the oppressive environment she found herself in. The meeting unfolded like a carefully choreographed dance, with Rathore expressing interest in Meera's upbringing, education, and the family's reputation.

As the discussion continued, Meera, guided by years of conditioning, maintained a demure silence.

Vikrant- I would like to talk with Meera once.

Meera, on hearing this dug her nail in her fist.

Veerendra, though not happy, allowed for the sake of alliance. - Meera take Vikrant Ji to the Garden.

Meera nods and get up followed by Vikrant.
They reach garden. Vikrant, breaking away from the formalities, approached Meera with a genuine smile that softened the edges of the tense atmosphere.

Vikrant- "Meera, isn't it?" he said, his voice carrying a warmth that felt strangely unfamiliar in the Pratap household.

Meera, looking up with a mixture of surprise and timidity, nodded softly.- Ji, the 'ji' slipping naturally into her response, a reflex ingrained by years of tradition.

Vikrant, noticing the formality, chuckled gently. "No need for 'ji,' Meera. Just call me Vikrant. We're not strangers, after all."

Meera, still adjusting to this unexpected ease, managed a hesitant smile.

Vikrant steered away from the typical questions opting instead for more personal inquiries. "What do you enjoy doing, Meera? Any hobbies or passions?" he asked, his genuine interest evident.

Meera, her eyes brightening at the shift in conversation, shared snippets of her life outside the confined walls of the Pratap household.

Meera- "I enjoy spending time near the village pond, especially during sunset. The colors of the sky reflect on the water, creating a beautiful sight. It's like a painting coming to life."

As the words spilled from her, Vikrant observed the genuine joy in Meera's eyes. Encouraged by his interest, she hesitantly admitted, "I also enjoy painting. It's like creating a world where I can express without using words."

Vikrant, genuinely intrigued, leaned in with interest. "Painting? That's wonderful, Meera! What do you usually paint?"

A shy smile played on Meera's lips. "I paint scenes from the village-the blooming flowers near the temple, the playful children in the courtyard, and sometimes, the serene beauty of our village pond. It's my way of capturing the moments that bring me joy."

Vikrant nodded, he did not miss the delightful glint in Meera's eyes unlike the scared expression she held earlier.

Vikrant- Meera, I genuinely want to ask if you are okay with this relation and you're not forced into it, right? This is important for me to know.

Meera, taken aback by this unexpected display of consideration, met Vikram's eyes with a mixture of surprise and gratitude. For a moment, the weight of tradition and expectation seemed to lift, wishing to speak but was silenced due to her conditioning.

However, Vikrant could see Meera's eyes, reflective pools of vulnerability, met Vikram's gaze momentarily. In that fleeting connection, he sensed a silent plea, an unspoken cry for understanding. A flicker of empathy touched his eyes as he registered the subtle signs of her struggle.

On seeing her silence, he left from there.

Alas, Meera, New to certain emotions felt that she had disappointed Vikrant and he would deny. She wanted to cry out loud for being a disappointment earlier to her family and now to the person who for the first time showed his care. She prayed to God to give her strength to face her family.

Hello Dear Readers!!
Wishing you all a very happy new year.
I hope you and your loved ones may be blessed with health and wealth in this 2024 🌸
Here is another update.

Will be bringing life to character of Meera and Vikrant.

Stay tuned !