Chapter 114: Taehyung's location

***************

Lisa brought Jennie to the parking lot.

"I'll go back by myself, you don't have to worry about me." Jennie looked at Lisa with gratitude in her eyes. "I don't know why you're always helping me like this, but if you need me in the future, I'll definitely repay you."

Lisa suddenly recalled that in the original book, Taehyung had been using an anonymous identity to communicate with Jennie.

Jennie might not yet know that Lisa was her future sister-in-law.

"I treat you as my good friend. Good friends don't talk like that." Lisa ruffled Jennie's hair.

This girl was strong yet gentle. She could see why Taehyung would take a fancy to her.

Unfortunately, Taehyung had disappeared after the incident at Wave Domain. Lisa had tried to find him a few times, but to no avail.

However, Jennie might know his whereabouts.

As she thought of this, Lisa pulled Jennie along and said, "You were kneeling for so long just now. Your knees must be bruised. How about we go have a meal nearby? Let's get your knees looked at."

In the face of Lisa's insistence, Jennie no longer tried to talk her way out of it and got in the car with Lisa .

Jungkook was originally sitting in the back, but when he saw Jennie at the door, his eyes turned cold. "Ms. Kim, please sit in the front. Lily and I will sit in the back."

Jennie was startled by Jungkook's gaze. Was this the highly talked about President Jeon? As expected, he was a decisive person.

Lisa saw that Jennie was frightened and quickly walked over to hold her arm. "Jennie is injured. I need to apply medicine for her. You sit in front."

Jungkook's originally cold face softened a little, and he looked at Lisa with eyes as gentle as flowing water. "Okay."

He got out of the car nimbly and sat in the front passenger seat.

Jennie got into the car. She was a little envious of Lisa and Jungkook's public display of affection.

It was a shame that her lover couldn't accompany her like this. She didn't know where in the world he was doing some secret mission.

The car started. Lisa took out the ointment from the medicine box in the car and slowly pulled up Jennie's skirt.

Jennie's legs were full of scars. Some of the old scars were probably from the time she was kidnapped by Wu Wei.

[ flashback for those who don't remember : Wu Wei was the person who had captured Jennie and then lisa rescued her from him by playing a cards game]

The large patch of red on her knee was fresh. There were even a few shoe prints on her thigh.

Lisa's heart ached.

"Han Mi-rae is a lunatic," Lisa said as she applied the medicine.

"It's all my fault. I was careless," Jennie said.

Even though she said that, she had never been more careful in navigating her way among a group of important people while carrying a cup of tea. However, Han Mi-rae had practically rugby-tackled her.

"It's never that simple," Lisa said.

In the original novel, Han Mi-rae was a recurring side character who had been written to be utterly reprehensible. Lisa had some insight into her train of thought.

[A/n: reprehensible means despicable, disrespectful, deplorable, shameful,...... you get the idea]

"I'll look into it. You don't have to worry. Are you living alone now?" Lisa asked again.

"I'm living alone in an apartment outside," Jennie replied.

"It's not safe to live alone. Why don't you get your boyfriend to accompany you? Won't he come to pick you up from work?" Lisa asked casually.

Everyone in the circle knew that Jennie had a mysterious boyfriend.

In the original novel, Jennie and Taehyung spent most of their time in long-distance and online relationships.

"We're in different places. The circumstances of his job are a little special, so we don't see each other much in a year." At the mention of Taehyung, a hint of tenderness flashed across Jennie's face. "But he's very good to me. He pampers me with gifts and sweet nothings. Whenever he's done with his assignments, he'll always contact me.

[A/n: just curious.....
What do you guys think about those photos and videos of jenduk and Taehyung that got leaked?
Real or fake?]

Lisa's heart skipped a beat.

From what Jennie said, Taehyung seemed to be running field missions, which sounded very dangerous.

Looking for Taehyung might be troublesome. As she thought of her father, who was still undergoing surgery in the hospital, Lisa felt a little sad.

The family needed Taehyung right now.

"Your boyfriend must be very capable. But if that's the case, he won't have much time with his family," Lisa said.

"Yes, he doesn't have a good relationship with his family. His stepmother has been making things difficult for him time and time again. Previously, his stepmother forced him to leave the family business." Jennie seemed to saddened at the thought.

Lisa's pupils contracted. Taehyung didn't leave the brushweiler Family because he didn't get along with his father, but because his stepmother made things difficult for him. There was no end to Yoona's venom.

____________