Thirty: Made For You

"Why are we here?" Atlas asked as the two of them stepped out of the car. They were in front of an office building, which seemed rather ordinary except that it was really tall.

Atlas didn't know what he was expecting for the date. Knowing Emil, it could range from a fancy dinner to a helicopter ride. So he hadn't bothered much with guessing. But now that they were at their destination... he was confused.

"I'll show you," Emil spoke, bringing his palm forward. Atlas glanced at his hand, no doubt in his mind as he intertwined their fingers. They walked into the building, and Atlas had been right. It was an office tower, so he had no clue whatsoever why they were there.

Once they reached the elevator, Emil took out a strip of black cloth from his pocket. Atlas blinked, looking from the cloth to Emil's face, and then back again.

"Are you kidding me?"

"I won't blindfold you if you're not comfortable with it but..." Emil said, sounding nervous. "But I really want it to be a surprise."

"Uh," Atlas trailed off, looking around.

Office hours were over, so the building was pretty much empty inside apart from security. If Emil had asked to blindfold him a month ago, Atlas would've ran in the opposite direction. But things had changed since then, including his perception of the crime boss. Despite his better judgement, Atlas nodded.

"Okay."

Emil smiled, getting behind Atlas to tie the cloth around his eyes. He wrapped his arm around the chef's waist as he led him into the elevator. The ride seemed way too long, and Atlas would've been nervous, but having Emil touch him to guide him provided the blue-haired man with a sense of comfort he had only ever felt at home.

Atlas gulped slightly at the realization.

Emil felt like home...

Finally, after what seemed like forever, the elevator beeped and Atlas heard it open. Emil led him outside, and they walked through a hallway before stopping. Atlas heard Emil unlock a door, and he felt a gust of wind against his face as soon as Emil opened it. He figured that they were at the roof, which was starting to make sense.

Emil still didn't take the blindfold off as he led Atlas to the edge. Once they were at the right spot, Emil stepped behind him to untie the cloth.

As soon as Atlas opened his eyes... he gasped.

The view in front of him was breathtaking.

He could see the entire city. The lights shined brightly in contrast with the dark night sky.

"Wow," Atlas whispered. "This is beautiful."

"Yeah," Emil smiled, but his gaze was fixed on a different view. "Beautiful."

"Why... Why here?" Atlas asked, turning to face the gangster.

"You told me you liked the city lights," Emil answered. "This is one of the tallest buildings in the country so I figured you might like the view."

"I love it," Atlas admitted. Before he could think twice, he wrapped his arms around Emil in a tight embrace. Emil returned the hug immediately, and the two stood there, simply holding each other with the noise of the city in the background.

Atlas couldn't remember the last time he felt this way. Emil made his heart race and he made his mind a muddled mess. But at the same time, he also brought him peace. In that moment with Emil, Atlas wanted nothing more. He was happy, and he wouldn't change a thing.