12

Hello butter cups! Here is an early update as promised! Happy reading!

When Mridula felt a hand on her shoulder, she turned around to find Sharan's grandmother with a worrisome look

"What has happened to you? Why are you crying like a devil in the midnight?",she asked to be more precise taunted.

"Ammamma.. You.. I.. I'm sorry",she said as she tried to get up but failed and sat back again.

"Sit, sit",she said and walked slowly towards Mridula and sat beside her.

"Why were you crying?",she asked sternly as Mridula hiccuped.

"No.. Nothing. I was just",she broke down into more tears as she put her head in Sharan's grandmother's lap.

She was taken aback, at her actions. Mridula held her knees close to her chest and broke down furthermore. She hesitated to touch her head and calm her down.

"You.. What are you doing, Mridula?",she asked.

"Please.. Please let me be for sometime ammamma. I won't tell.. about this to anyone",Mridula said as she placed Sharan's grandmother's hand on her head.

After a bit of hesitation, she slowly pat her head as Mridula let all her pain out. Everything that she was holding inside, she let it out.

"Enough kanna, calm down. You are already sick",Sharan's grandmother spoke as she wiped Mridula's tears.

Mridula got up from her lap and wiped her tears avoiding eye contact with her.

"I am sorry, I disturbed your sleep ammamma garu. It's just I couldn't hold back myself anymore",Mridula said as her eyes stuck to the ground.

"Look at me kanna, I may not like you, I may throw harsh words at you but I understand you are a human too and such burst outs happen to everyone of us. What happened? Why were you crying? Did you fight with Sharan or your family?",Sharan's grandmother asked.

"No ammamma garu, just something that I don't want to talk about. I am really sorry for troubling you, I will make sure this won't happen again and thank you for not pushing me away and comforting me",Mridula thanked her.