What Can The Damned Really Say to The Damned

An: Season 2 is here for everyone, I'm very excited to write this season, because in this season, one thing that I will explore is the beginning of the love story of Jacob and Maggie.

2022, Scotland

No one POV

Ellie was picking up a book out of a diary and Jacob said "Hey, give that to your mother" and Ellie said "Mummy, I found it."

Maggie said "Nice job, I knew I could cont on you" and Ellie said "But why do you need it for?".

Maggie said "Well, this belonged to your Auntie Claudia, it was one of her many many diaries."

Ellie said "Really, what does it talk about? Was it about when you were escaping from the bad witch."

Maggie said "Witch?".

Ellie said "That's what I heard Daddy call him , He said he was the son of a witch, I think" and Jacob looked away, Maggie said "Um, yeah you could say he was specially gifted. Now come on it's dusty in here."

They walked down the stairs, and Ellie ran up to Louis and said "Grandpa Louis" and Louis said "Hey, Sweetie."

Maggie gave a look to Jacob and said "You sweared in front of our daughter" and Jacob said "Don't act so high and mighty, you've done it, it's just Ellie was asleep, and you did it a lot at a very formidable age."

Maggie said "I was pregnant, you try having a miracle baby kick inside you" and Jacob said "Isn't it hard to believe , you are the only vampire able to procreate."

Maggie said "Keep your voice down."

Jacob said "You act as if Daniel has super hearing, you are pretty special" and Maggie said "Um, it takes two to tango."

Jacob said "That's what I mean, What are the chances, that the only two vampires capable of procreating would meet."

Maggie said "You attacking me."

Jacob said "I did not attack you."

Maggie said "You followed me."

Jacob said "I am glad you told our daughter of our nice meeting."

Maggie said "Yeah, well the first one, not exactly a good bed time story, huh."

Jacob said "No , I suppose not."

Later, in the Living Room

Maggie sat down as Louis began to read a diary entry and Louis said "She writes here, "I do not dream." I can confirm that. At least, that's what she said to me once when I was talking about one of my dreams, which were erratic and often in those years. Yet she writes it here, so let's believe it."

1940s, Maggie walked around feeding on a dying soldier, she looked over to a soldier straining while Claudia fed on them. (Louis Voiceover: She continues. We traveled light in our ancestral home. We slept in the earth, took circuitous routes around the mad army goose-stepping its way towards Mother Russia.")

(Armand Voiceover: Some would say a poorly timed European holiday. Maggie Voiceover: You are the only one who would say that, it was anything but a holiday.)

In a library (Maggie Voiceover: All those years, scouring libraries for evidence of our kind. She wasn't going to let humanity's ideological rift delay her. Louis Voiceover: And the horrors we walked over every night. The precision of trains speeding to atrocity. They only calcified her determination to find others she could better relate to. And re-reading these pages, it's clear she didn't think I qualified any longer.)

2022, Scotland, Maggie's House

Armand was sitting down and said "Can you imagine never dreaming? Would you look forward to sleep? Or would it terrify you when the day broke? Or is it the sleep of an infant? Tabula rasa."