chapter seven

chapter seven
girlies

chapter sevengirlies

Y/N POV

           "Wait for me, Aria!" I remind her as she runs off. She looks back at me and then slows down and waits for me to catch up. Today was a Saturday, so Aria was off of school and she wanted to go to the playground near Ivy's apartment, usually Ivy takes her but she had work today.

I was carrying a blanket that I could sit on while she played on the playground. I was hoping Aria wouldn't want to stay long because it was very hot outside today. "Y/N," Aria pouts at how slow I was to make my way over to her. She knew she needed to hold my hand to cross the road so she was impatiently standing at the edge of the sidewalk and holding out her hand towards me.

"You need to chill out, the playground isn't going anywhere" I chuckle. I grab her hand and check both ways before leading her across the street. "What do you wanna do first?" I ask her, glancing over at the playground in front of us and then down at her.

"The swing! I wanna go on the swing" Aria replies. I sigh, knowing that the swings were metal, she probably wouldn't be able to sit on them because of the heat. And even if she was able to swing on them, I knew she was gonna ask me to push her and I really just wanted to sit on the blanket, but I'd still stand and push her without any complaints.

"Alright, wait for me on the swing. I'm gonna set up the blanket" I tell her as I let go of her hand. She nods and runs off while I look for a good spot to sit down. I go under one of the only trees near the playground and then unfold the blanket. I lay it out, luckily it wasn't windy so there wasn't a big chance it was gonna blow away.

I turn away from the set up and look for the swings, spotting Aria and another kid sitting on the swings. Great, now I'd have to push both kids. I make my way over and Aria instantly introduces me. "Y/N! This is Suni! She's six years old like me!" She informs me. 

"Wow!" I nod. "Hi, Suni! Do you want me to push you on the swing, too?" I sweetly ask her. She looks down at her lap while tapping her bottom lip with her small finger, she shakes her head and I nod again. "Okay, if you change your mind just tell me" I assure her as I walk behind Aria's swing.

I begin to push Aria while Suni kicks her legs, slightly swinging herself. As shy as Suni looked, Aria continued to talk with her and she responded to every question that was asked. "Where's your mommy?" Aria asks Suni. The girl is quiet for a moment and she looks away from us.

Suni shrugs her shoulders. "At home" She responds. I get a bit concerned and begin to look around for an adult, and as if right on cue, a man that looks like he's supposed to be on the cover of Vogue comes rushing over to us.

"Suni," He breathes out, he scrunches up his face in fake anger. "Stop running off, bum!" He jokingly exclaims as he picks her up from the swing. He puckers his lips and shakes his head at her behavior.