C h a p t e r 8

—— [Rajvanshi Household] ——

( Hayat's POV )

All the workers of the household were lined up along with my mother and I.

"Mrs. Rajvanshi I said I had to leave early, I told you that my flight is early." I hear my father shouting at my mumma, as I look down, anger building up as I dig my nails into my palm, controlling it.

"Haanji I know, I just was making your favourite jackfruit dish." My mother says, holding out the tiffin to him.

With a forceful slap of hand he throws the dish out of my mother's hand, the gravy splattering all over the marble white floor. I bite my lip in anger, as I look up at him and then at my mother, who was looking at the splattered dish in horror.

"I don't care about you damn dish, you could have made it earlier. You know how I don't like the late behaviour of yours." He said in his raised deep voice which send shivers down my spine and the anger within me grew.

I ran to my mother's side, holding her as I felt her shivering. I looked up at my so called father, "Sorry papa, it- it was a mistake."

He scoffs. "You and your mother, all you do are mistakes. So many mistakes. I don't know why am I even keeping you both in my house."

I look up at him, gritting my teeth.

"Anyways, I should be happy, in three days my only daughter is getting married." He smiles.

"Once I come back from my business trip, we will make haste with the marriage okay, darling?" He says, putting his hand on my shoulder giving me a grin with his dead threatening sweet eyes.

"No, never." I nod, slowly.

"My good girl, a reason to be happy now." He smiles, patting my shoulder, and then turning around to leave.

"See you in two days, also get ready with your wedding gown Hayat beta, we need to atleast have a small wedding." He says as he walks out of the door.

I watch him walk and sit in his car as the car slowly drifts away from the main entrance view.

My mother falls down on the floor, "Mumma!" I sit down along with her, hugging her tight as she whimpers. "Shh...mumma...shhh...."

"All of you back to your work, out!" I disperse the servants as I hold onto my mother.

"H...Hayat please beta, teen din se pehle-" "Yes mumma, yes he is coming today don't worry, don't you worry..shh..." I whisper to her as I tap her to calm her down.

"Meet him outside...only... don't tell him to come to this house....there are spies....here..." I nod, hugging her.

"I won't be able to attend your...wedding beta..these spies report everything...so....please...please take care of yourself...."

My eyes start to water as I nod, "Yes mumma, I will...I will...."

Both of us, hugged each other for a while, silently crying while sitting on the floor.