C h a p t e r 2

- [Flashback: 3 years ago] -

"Hayat, beta jaao phool ki sajaawat dekhni thi na tum yaha-"

(Hayat, darling go, you had to look over the flower arrangements, right? Why are you he-)

"Shhh...amma...shush"

(Shhh...mother...shhh...)

"Hum yaha kya kar rhe hai?" Hayat's mother whispers to her while looking in the same direction as her.

(What are we doing here?)

"Joote chupaayi ki planning !" Hayat whispers back.

(Planning for the hiding of the groom's shoes. {It is a custom in Indian weddings where the bride's side steals and hides the groom's shoes, for which they later ask for money in return.})

"What?"

"Shush down amma..."

"Nahi nahi balcony mein chaharke hi dekh lo unhe, atleast waha se dikh bhi jaaye, how do you plan on seeing the juta from this far?"

(No no, just go and climb over the balcony, there is a chance you could see from there, how do you plan on seeing the shoes from this far?)

Hayat turns around to her mother, putting her hands on her hips, "The only person who is still not a chasmish in this household is me, so meri microscopic khoobsurat aankhein kab kaam aayengi?"

(The only person who is still not a person wearing spectacles in this household is me, so when will my microscopic beautiful eyes come to work?)

"Yes, I can see bade khoobsurat hai aapki aankhein bache, mujhpe gye hai isiliye. About the second part, beta yeh jawani hai deewani types koi bunny khoj le Jo diwaar ki chatt pe chahr ke tumhare liye dekh le jute kaha hai, because from here you will definitely fail."

(Yes I can see, your eyes are truly very beautiful, they have gone on me. About the second part, go find a bunny as in the movie, "Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani", someone who can climb the wall, and look over, helping you locate the shoes, because from here you will definitely fail.)

"Offo, amma jaao aap jaao !" Hayat playfully pushes her mother as she goes murmering something inaudible.

(Come on, mumma, you go please please.)

"Bestie's wedding is also a headache when you are the eklauti bridesmaid. Mumma's right, bunny. But ab main ek bunny kaha se dhoondhu?"

(Bestie's wedding is also a headache when you are the only bridesmaid. Mumma's right, bunny. But from where do I find a bunny now?)

Hayat looks around, watching as everyone's busy with some or the other task. Her eyes scan through the crowd to stop at a person. She runs towards the tall figure.

"Hi" she says as she approaches him.

When the male does not show any response, she taps his shoulder, as he turns to face her.

As their eyes meet, for a moment it feels like a dream. She looks the handsome male up and down.

The eyes, the face, the clean shave, the rectangular six pack built, and the blue kurta. Oh how beautiful of a human was in front of her.