Cɦɑpteɾ 51

♫ 'Cause I want you, yeah, I want you, yeah
There's nothing else I want ♫

Natalie Beaufoy POV

We are now in the garage as we watch the year's first qualifying. My wrist is all good now; I have been doing some exercises to straighten it. I got it out 5 days ago, and it's definitely weird. The pregnancy news is going around in our inner circle, with a very particular excitement since it was the first Leclerc girl being born in two generations.

"He is doing so well," Pascale says proudly, and I nod. Q2 showed Charles in first place, and I wondered if Ferrari was going for its third constructor championship and Charles for his third championship.

"He is doing great," I say proudly.

The team has allowed me to work from home on the software development team, so I am free on the weekends now. I was working in the motorhome yesterday, but now I can enjoy it like everyone else does.

"How are you doing?" she asks me as I watch Arthur and Lorenzo take Lucas and my dad to the middle of the crowd, where I won't go since I am keeping safe from that. I can watch the podium there, but the pole will have to wait.

"I am doing well, I feel good," I say casually as we walk calmly to the motorhome.

"Are you discussing names already, or is it something to be considered more closely to the due date? There's no need to answer either," she said, somewhat nervously, and I laughed.

"The hormones aren't making me easily offended, don't worry. We have settled on a name already, we both liked it," I am proud of the name we chose, I knew it had to be that when the gender was revealed.

"I bet the name it's going to be beautiful. A beautiful name for a beautiful baby girl," she says happily and I nod.

"I- Can I share the name with you? I want an opinion," I ask as we sit down at one of the tables on the terrace.

"Please, I would love to know; I just don't want to meddle," she is curious, and I smile.º

"We were thinking of Julia Pascale Beaufoy Leclerc," I announce, and she stops for a second.

"I- Oh, that is so sweet. It's a wonderful and meaningful name, she will be very lucky to have such an amazing family," she says and I hug her as I see her holding her tears back.

"You are the best grandma," I am honest and she hugs me back.

"You are the best mom my grandkids could ever have. Charles is a lucky man, we love you, darling," she says proudly and I smile as I contain my emotions.

"Thank you for accepting me so easily. I love you all so much," I am grateful because I don't like feeling like an outsider, no one likes it if we are being honest and they never made me feel like that.

"You are the daughter I never had ma princesse," her words struck a nerve in me. I know she said these words before but this is different.

"You are the mother I never had and I hope our little girl will be the perfect way to honor the strong mother you are. I hope to be as good as a mom as you were all their lives," I say as tears fill my eyes.

"You are a very good mom darling. And a damn good partner. You are a natural, I wouldn't worry about it so much if I was you," she is confident in her words and I nod.

"Baby!" I hear Charles's voice as he runs in our direction.

"Hey! Watcha doing here? The interviews were quick," I doubt that they were this quick though.

"Wanted to see you before the interviews, how are my girls doing?" He asks before kissing his mom's cheek and advancing to my lips and gently rubbing my belly.

"We are good, you don't need to check on me," I say as I fix his messy hair.

"I sure do need to check up on you, also that pole was for you as always," he says happily.

"Love you baby," I say happily as I hug him.

"Gotta go, see you soon," he says in a hurry and I nod.

"Mom!" Lucas says as he hugs my legs and I kneel down to hug him.

"What's up baby?" I ask curiously.

"You look very pretty today, dad said he might marry you tomorrow if you keep looking that good," he informs me and I laugh.

"I look pretty? Just today?" I test his answer and he shakes his head.

"No, you are always pretty but dad says you are prettier today because you are glowing," he explains and I nod, pretty flattered by the sudden compliment.

"And do you think I look pretty today?"

"You are perfect as always, prettiest mom in the world. How is she?" He asks as he looks at my stomach and I smile.

"She is doing well, excited to meet you," I say as I kiss his face multiple times while he giggled.

"That's good," he simply says as he goes to hug his grandmother.

I went for a walk around the paddock and even stopped to talk to some people.

"I couldn't believe it when Pierre told me. I got you some things, I am so excited! Congratulations," Kika says excitedly as I was by Alpine's garage and I chuckle.

"You don't need to buy anything, and thank you! You look so good as always!" I say as I give her a hug.

"I am so glad you got out of the accident, I was so scared when I saw the photos and videos. How are you feeling?" She asks and I shrug.

"It's all good now, it was very unnecessary but shit happens," I say casually and she chuckles.

"Tomorrow, dinner, okay?" She says hurriedly as Pierre approaches and I nod.

"See you tomorrow love," I say as I give her a quick kiss in the cheek.

Everyone is so damn nice and I feel at home here. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.