Cɦɑpteɾ 10

♪ This world can put a hole in your soul sometimes
Put you at the end of your road ♪

Natalie Beaufoy POV

The day was fun; the lunch got extended to dinner, and his family is definitely fun to be around. I was having a dance with my dad when Lucas came to my side and looked up at me hopefully.

"Are you the next one? Lucky guy," my dad asks as he steps away, and I look at Lucas.

"Do you want to dance?" I ask as I give him both my hands, and he takes them before nodding shyly. "Follow my feet; when you are confident, you can look up at me, okay? Just feel the beat, and the dance will come flowing."

The explanation seemed to be enough, and he did great, he got the hang of it and we had a fun dance session, I even swirled him in the end and he laughed happily.

"You are a natural," I say proudly. I looked up, and only at that moment did I see all the eyes on us. Was Lucas so introverted that everyone was just happy to watch his happy moments?

"That was amazing!" Pascale says excitedly.

"Father of the talented kid, join the dance!" I demand and Charles gets up from the chair with a smile, he arrives by our side and Lucas stretches his arms so Charles can pick him up.

"This just got tricky," Charles says confusedly, and I laugh.

"It isn't hard. You give me your hand, and he gives me his, and we dance," I say as I put my hand in Charles's free hand and in Lucas's, and we dance around.

Lucas could only laugh and giggle as he tried to hide his face in his dad's neck; he is a normal kid. I find it hard to believe he only started being like this around me. He was so active today that he even fell asleep on the couch before the dinner was ready. Charles put him into one of the bedrooms so he could sleep peacefully.

"Today was surreal," Pascale says happily, and I look at her curiously.

"Lucas?" I ask as I try to ensure it's what I was thinking.

"He looked like a completely different kid; he is so happy with you. I don't know what we lack but, if it's not a bother and if you have the time, I want to ask you to please keep talking to him, he just looks so happy," Pascale asks me and I put my hand in hers.

"I don't need you to ask me that; I am not doing this because he is Charles' son. I did it because he caught my attention, and I like his company, and I will keep being by his side for as long as he wants me to and, of course, while Charles allows me to. He is still his dad," I say as I look at Charles, who is in front of me right now.

"I have no problem with you speaking to Lucas; I could never have a problem with that; he is the happiest I've ever seen him. Just do whatever you have been doing, you clearly get him better than we do," he says as he lets out a laugh and I do too.

"Sometimes it's just a gut feeling; it's not that I know something you all don't or that I have something you lack. He found something that brought him to me and I found something too, I can't really explain why I gave him that candy and he can't explain why he decided to trust me," I explained and he listened carefully.

"Can I have a word with you outside?" Charles asks, and I nod, following to his mom's balcony.

"What is it?" I ask worriedly.

"Mattia told me he would be giving you the Monaco weekend off, so I got two paddock passes for you and your dad; I gave him his pass. I would love it if you two could come; I know it's your days off, but it's cool to experience from the comfort of the hospitality," he says nervously. I instantly hugged him, and when I was going to regret it, I felt his arms surrounding me, too.

"That was probably stupid but I want to thank you, my dad makes good money but he would never justify spending 10K on a paddock pass, it wasn't justifiable. This will be great," I say excitedly.

"I hope to see you around, maybe it will be my first win in Monaco," he says excitedly as he rests his arms on the railing of the balcony to look at the view and I join him, Monaco is gorgeous at night.

"Can I be with Lucas?" I ask, and I see his sudden head movement from the corner of my eye.

"Do you want to? You don't have to be with him; he will be fine for a weekend without you working," he says, and I laugh.

"But I want to, I will try to be in less crowded places but people know I work for Ferrari, it's not a big deal if I'm with him in public, right?" I ask curiously, and he turns entirely to me.

"Nat, you could parade him around the paddock on your shoulders, I won't care what people say, I just want him happy and I want you to enjoy the weekend, that's all that matters," he says confidently and I smile.

"So, prepare your kid for a very fun weekend; he will be sleeping by dinner time. Beware that if you win you better get Lucas a space in the front because he will be in your arms as soon as you leave the car, I will make sure of it," I tell him confidently.

"He doesn't like that so it's fine, I was surprised you got him to watch a podium," he says as he shrugs.

"He wanted it; I think he is afraid of being a bother; I felt that sometimes, too, when I was growing up. He will get through it; I will help him in whatever I can. Don't worry about it."

"I know you will. Thank you, Nat. Can I call you Nat?" He asks, and I laugh.

"You sure can; don't worry about nicknames. My father has tried them all; one minute, he calls me Naty, and the next, Talie; no thought goes through that brain," I say as we head inside, and we both laugh.

I headed inside and I saw my dad laughing with Lorenzo, I'm glad I decided to accept. Today was a good day.