Master Manipulator

RAPHAEL'S POINT OF VIEW

Manipulating a person is a piece of cake for a twenty-six-year-old me.

All you need to do is to develop a well-laid plan and tactics. Knowing what your prey likes and dislikes will make your work easier. As for Iris, my beloved, she will be mine at all costs.

I'm a cat, once I take a mouse, it never leaves my clutches.

I kept looking at myself in the mirror, trying to convince myself that I was not drunk but I was.

My breath reeks of alcohol, and I know that I am probably not in my right mind. But that won't stop me from dialing the number of my darling Iris.

As the phone rang, I leaned closer to the mirror, trying to compose my face into a charming, irresistible expression.

What's that for? She can't see my face, why bother myself? Still, what I can see is a drunk man with bloodshot eyes.

I managed to sit on the sofa in my bedroom. She isn't picking up the call, what do I do?

I rolled the ball in my hands then an idea popped up in my mind. This ball is old truly but that doesn't stop it from functioning so why me?

The ball is old and worn, with the color fading away. I stare at the ball closely to examine it carefully.

I am getting lost in the memories of my childhood, but that can't hold me down. I have to do what comes to my mind.

One thing about taming your prey is dedication, hard work, perseverance, sense, lack of emotions, and picture-perfect acting. This is not my first time doing this but this time it's different.

I have to be very strategic to keep Iris in my nest. She's different and I need her for a special reason so she has to be drenched in my love.

I clenched my fist slowly as I dialed the number again. It rings for some time before she picks it up.

“Hello! Who's on the line please?” I heard her beautiful and tiny voice say.

“Your beauty can't be matched,” I replied and there was no response.

The number one influence is sweet-talking ~ the usage of sweet words will help me forge a connection with her.

“I can't imagine my life without you and I've never felt this way about anyone before.” I tried to convince her more.

All these might seem like romantic compliments, but they're designed and made to flatter and manipulate Iris into feeling emotionally dependent on me.

This type of behavior is a form of emotional manipulation and should be avoided but to me, it is my special move.

I expected her to say something nice for the compliment but this lady is truly different. “Who are you and why are you bothering me?” She asked.

“Be with me and I will fulfill all your wishes,” I answered politely.

“Really?" She stunned me with a word. "Men are going insane these days. I don't know who you are but all you can do is compliment me. Please don't ever call me again,” she warned and that doesn't seem to be okay.

It isn't working on her? Let me spice things up.

“Raphael,” I called suddenly so she wouldn't hang up the call. After hearing my name, she might be more intrigued to listen further.

“So, it's you. Why are you calling me man? I don't want to get associated with you. Just leave me please.” She begged but no I am not going to leave her.

I am begging Iris now but she will be the one to beg me later. This is a love for itself. Only one of us will get saved while the other gets trapped. She thinks I don't know her whereas I know her more than she can imagine.

“If you leave me, I'll be all alone. I finally found peace with you. I cannot leave you,” I pleaded.

I have never begged someone so much in my life except when... I don't want to think about the past. It hurts.

“I am not the hair on your head that I will never leave you. Even the hair on your head can leave you once it's shaved off so don't ever tell me that but wait why did you say that?” she asked and that excited me more to continue.

“Because you are mine,” I paused for a while and there was no reply from her, she must be mesmerized by my words now. “And I am yours.” I finally completed my statement.

“That will never happen between us, Mister Raphael. Know your limits, and care about your life, or else you won't know what I am capable of so…” I cut her shut instantly before she could finish her statement.

A predator must be ready every time.

“I am ready to die in your love,” I admitted sharply.

“What! Why are you so persistent?” she asked, her tone curious. “I am mesmerized in your world. I just want to be with you. In fact, I don't know what I would do without you.” I added softly.

“What!" She screamed. It's a waste of time trying to understand you have a clear motive. It is obvious you are sick. You better visit a psychiatrist and get yourself checked.” She said and that hurt a lot but never mind she will be the one to suffer more once I hit the jackpot.

“Can you be my psychiatrist then?” I asked, trying to keep the conversation going, “Don't ask me to be,” she responded, her tone firm and cold.

“What if we get married? We can resolve our differences then,” I told her calmly but she was just so difficult.

“Marriage? That dream of yours will never come true. I promise you,” she vowed.

“Once you become mine, you will enjoy every good thing in this life. Just give me a chance. I will make your world seem as if you are living in a castle as a princess. Can you do that for me?” I asked her with a soft voice.

“Never!” Iris shouted, my phone nearly falling off my hand.

“If you cared about me, you wouldn't want to do that. I know you will come for me at the right time. We will meet tomorrow…”, I chimed while a beep followed abruptly.

Holy crap! She just hung up the call but no need to rush. Perseverance is the key.

Time for the next game plan.

*****
The next morning, I woke up early and found my way to the Burton's mansion.

I have been standing in front of the Burton’s mansion for the past two fucking hours but the door won't just open.

This Iris of a lady seems to be more difficult than I had imagined but she can't escape me, ‘the genius manipulator’ as I fondly call myself.

While I was lost in thought, the door creaked open suddenly and there she was, my beauty queen dressed in a purple short gown, white sandals, and a white handbag to match.

I waved my hand so she could see me cause I knew she would ignore me.

“Is that a new trick of yours?” Iris questioned as soon as she crossed her arms over her chest.

“No, my beauty queen. I will just do anything to catch your attention darling.” I scuffed while a smile brushed over my lips.

“For your information young man, it won't work on me because I am different from others,” she answered. Well, she can be different but not too much to be caught in my web.

I have the best therapy for her problem.

I moved closer to her as she finally turned to face me. I crossed my arms over her shoulders. She stared into my eyes.

“How are you different? You are also a woman and all a woman wants is excess love, care, and affection so why are you exempted, darling?"