Chapter 33: Touch Move

DS8Uncovered #LuMa #BearCouple #DaggerSeries

CHAPTER 33: TOUCH MOVE

LUNA'S POV

I could hear the sound of water from the bathroom, but I couldn't move from where I was. Paulit-ulit na tumatakbo sa isip ko ang mga salita ni Magnus. The way he answered the question didn't feel like what it should be.

Pretend.

I don't know how I got through the night. I think my family felt my mood, which is why they didn't stay longer. I tried my best to keep on my pretense, to laugh with them, and to continue on with the game as if nothing happened. I wanted to put aside the insistent feeling inside me—something that felt desperate to claw its way out of my soul, as if it wanted to be heard so badly that it's screaming.

"Akala ko gusto mo ng matulog?" tanong niya.

Nanatiling walang imik na sinundan ko ng tingin ang pagkilos niya. Lumapit siya sa bedside table para kunin ang laptop niya at mukhang itatago niya sana iyon nang magsalita ako. "Edward Cassius Cullen."

"Hmm?"

"What was inside the folder?" May kung anong nagdaan sa mga mata niya. The way he quickly hides his emotion is familiar to me, even though it's rare for me to notice because he's that good at hiding it from me. But right now, it was as if the sheet in front of my eyes got pulled away, and I'm seeing clearer than before. "I saw it on your office's computer."

"Do you really want to know?"

"Yes," I answered, even though I was unsure of it.

"No, Luna." Naglakad siya palapit sa kinaroroonan ko. Ibinaba niya ang laptop sa harapan ko at binuksan niya iyon. "Do you really want to know?"

I swallowed the lump in my throat, then I nodded my head, not trusting my voice enough to speak. Tumingin ako sa monitor ng laptop niya at nakita ko ang kaparehas na folder na nasa office computer niya rin. Pinindot ko ang folder at hindi katulad ng nasa opisina niya ay walang password ang nasa harapan ko.

Ramdam ko ang mabigat na tingin niya sa akin habang tinitignan ko ang laman niyon. My eyes clouded with tears at the same time that I felt like the air was thinning around me.

I collected every piece of written note from Magnus, while he collected something else that held the same sentiments.

"Before, the folder name was Ulap."

Sunod-sunod na umiling ako. "I... I need to get out of here."

Hindi ko na siya inintay at basta na lang akong lumabas ng villa. I heard him calling me, but I didn't stop walking.

It's like the world is starting to shrink, and I feel it's about to crush me, as the pressing reality couldn't stop the truth I was trying to deny from being uncovered before my eyes.