Magnus Aquillan

MAGNUS' POV

MAGNUS' POV

I know, even without her telling me, that she once imagined this day. We were married in a different way. I don't know about others, surely some managed to do it in a romantic way, even if it's through justice of the peace, but ours was devoid of what people usually imagine their special day should be. It was quick, we signed the documents, and then we're married. It was more like a business transaction than a wedding.

So being here now, standing at the end of the aisle, her family and mine waiting for the doors to open to reveal her, my bride... my wife, I want to be whatever she wishes this day to be. Even though I want this to go differently, I want to give her everything that she wants.

Napalunok ako nang makita kong bumukas ang pintuan ng simbahan. I didn't look at anyone. My eyes remained fixed on the other end of the aisle.

I don't know if she knows how much we have changed. Maybe she does, but she just doesn't want to acknowledge it. 

Looking at her now, all I can see is her beautiful smile that she freely gives to the people in her life. It always lights up her face, and her eyes, which understand me so well, see me better than anyone else.

I can feel her hands. Hands that I held so many times, and yet it wasn't enough. And then there's her voice. Her voice that irks me those first few years I met her because of the things she's making me feel, even though I don't want to feel them. Her voice that became a music I loved waking up to and one that I want to hear before I go to sleep.

I couldn't help the small smile that tugged at my lips when I remembered the question she kept asking me. Tanong na hindi ko na mabilang kung ilang beses niya ng tinanong sa akin. "Tulog o ako?"

"Tayo," I remember answering her.

She flushed red.

I gave her the same answer I always give her. Iyong sagot ko na dahilan kung bakit nalulukot ang mukha niya sa pagkainis sa akin."Matulog na tayo," pagpapatuloy ko.

Huminto siya sa harapan ko at pilit na inignora ko ang yumayakap sa akin na emosyon. Instead, I let the smile spread on my lips that she always tells me rarely make an appearance and that she wants it to be that way. Kasi gusto niya raw siya lang ang nakakakita. She called dibs on it even before she had the right to. Before she even knew that she had the right to it.

"Ikaw." Laban sa katahimikan ng simbahan na puno ng mga taong nananatiling nakamasid lang at naghihintay ay malakas ang naging pagsalubong ng boses ko. But I didn't try to hide it, and I didn't try to take it back. "Tulog o ikaw? Ikaw."

Always.

Always you.