Dance with me?

Smut ahead: I did not want to go too deep into it, so it is somewhat lighter than the usual smut, but I thought I would just put the warning there in case.

Isla's Pov

Today is going to be hell. I have only just recovered from whatever that prolonged hangover was, and now, the next day, I am back at training. I am NEVER drinking again, or at least never drinking when Katie is around again. I walked into the changing room, placed my kit bag in my cubby, and then walked back out to the dining room to grab some fruit before training. I walked through the double doors and was met by most of the team members sitting at their respective tables.

Katie: "ISLA, ISLA, ISLA." she says as she jumps towards me.

Isla: "KATIE, why are you in such a good mood today." I say as I look up at her.

Katie: "Oh, nothing, it's just a great day." she says with a huge smile on her face.

Isla: "Mmmhh, yeah, but this is a weird type of happiness."

Katie: "No, it's not, I'm always like this."

Isla: "OMG, something happened with you and whoever you're talking to."

Katie: "What, no, that's not it." she says as she looks to the floor. Her smile not moving from her lips.

Isla: "Okay, whatever you say." I walk away from her and towards the food lined up, which I always walk past to reach the fruit. I grab a bowl and put a couple scoops in. I walked over to my usual table with Alessia, Viv, Beth, Steph, Viv and Leah. I walked to the chair next to Leah and placed my hand on her thigh under the table so no one would notice.

Leah: "Hey Isla."

Isla: "Hey, sunshine." I say with a massive grin; I can't feel anything but happy when I am with Leah, and I like the name Sunshine because she is my sunshine, and I would be mostly in the dark without her.

Beth: "Sunshine, you never call me that." she says with a pout

Isla: "Yeah, that's Viv's job, plus you didn't take care of me all weekend. Leah did." I say, squeezing her thigh.

Beth: "Why can't you be cute like that." Beth says, turning towards Viv.

Viv: "I can't."' she says, turning towards Steph to join her conversation.

I couldn't help but laugh at the banter between Beth and Viv. It felt good to be at Arsenal. The atmosphere was light and filled with camaraderie, which was exactly what I needed to ease back into this week.

As we finished breakfast, we headed to the locker room to change into our training gear. The buzz of activity around me was both invigorating and overwhelming. Katie was still in her hyperactive mood, bouncing around and chatting with everyone. As I laced up my boots, Leah came over and knelt beside me.

LeahL: "Are you ready for this?"

Isla: "Yeah, I think so. Just need to take it easy and not overdo it."

Leah: "Good. Remember, it's okay to take a break if you need to. I nodded, appreciating her concern.

Isal: "I will, thanks."

Training started with a warm-up, and I was relieved to find that my body was cooperating. The exercises loosened up my muscles, and the fresh air cleared my head. As we moved into drills, I focused on my footwork and passing, determined to get back in the groove.

Katie: "Nice one, isla!" she shouted when I executed a particularly sharp pass.

I grinned, feeling more confident with each successful move. The session continued with various drills, and I felt my energy gradually returning. By the time we moved to a practice match, I was ready to push myself harder.