Pre's at Beth and Viv's

Isla's Pov

As I got back into my car at London Colney to head home, I felt relief. I didn't realise how stressed I was about my debut, but it's finally over, and hopefully, how I played was good enough to prove my spot on the Arsenal team and maybe even the starting line up well eventually the starting line up. I headed all the way back to Millie and I's apartment. As soon as I walked in, I wanted to know whether Millie had watched the match or not. I walked through the apartment until I reached the kitchen, where Millie was sitting on one of the stools at the bench.

Millie: "There she is; you played amazing." she says as she stands up and walks towards me, enveloping me in a hug.

Isla: "Thanks, mills." I say as I reciprocate the hug she is giving me.

Millie: "I am so proud of you. You have been working so hard, and you got a goal on your debut; you are amazing." she says as she cups my cheeks with her hands.

Isla: "Thank you, Millie." I say as a tear slips down my cheek. Millie wipes it with the pad of her thumb.

Millie: "Are you okay? What's wrong." she says as her face becomes concerned.

Isla: "Nothing, that's just the nicest you have ever been to me."

Millie: "Hahahahah, Don't worry, it won't last long, because don't forget London is blue." she says as she walks towards her room.

Isla: "No way, it's definitely red."

Millie: "Well, see." she yells through the hall.

I can't help but shake my head at her remark. I suddenly remembered that I had to get to Viv and Beth's. I look down at my phone, and it is 5 o'clock. Shit, that only gives me an hour and a half to get ready. Surely I can do my routine in that time plus the 15 min drive to their house. I quickly get into the shower, blow dry, and straighten my hair before applying light makeup. I searched through my wardrobe, looking through every pile for something to wear. I ended up putting on a black mini-skirt and a black bra with a sheer black lace top over it. I also put on some white ankle socks and a black and white pair of sneakers because I am definitely choosing comfort over anything. If my feet hurt, it will probably ruin my night.

I finally look down at my phone, and it's 6:30. Shit, I am late. I quickly grab my bag and walk towards the door, grabbing my keys on the kitchen bench.

Millie: "Where are you going?"

Isla: "To Beth's for pre-drinks, then out with the Arsenal girls; I will probably try to crash at someone's, so don't worry about me if I don't come home." I say to her as I continue towards the door.

Millie: "Alright, have fun. Message me that you are safe before you go to bed; love you."

Isla: "I will love you too." I say as I quickly walk down the stairs and towards my car, quickly driving towards Beth and Viv's. I arrive at their house at 6:50, I hate being late, but I will just have to go with it. I take a quick, deep breath before locking the car and heading towards the door. I ring the doorbell while I wait at the door, hearing chatter and listening to music behind it.

Viv: "Hey, Isla, come in," she says as she opens the door wider so I can come inside.

Isla: "I am so sorry for being late; this is not like me; I promise it won't happen again." I say as Viv wraps an arm around my shoulders.

Viv: "Please don't worry about it; let's get you a drink." she says as she guides me towards the kitchen. I walk past the living room, and a couple of girls are sitting and chatting. I wave as I walk past. I walk into the kitchen, and Beth, Steph, and Kyra are all in there.