Chapter 3: The Lost And Found

After the incident, they returned to the library, they didn't know who would be investigating the incident. Now as they looked at each other again before Walter took the role of investigating the incident and finding more clues.

Walter: Alright, let's figure out what we know here, the gun. Was clearly meant to kill Mr. Schmidt, but charlie got in the way. So the murderer had to improvise and finish the job by stabbing Mr. Schmidt during the power outage!
(Told. Walter. Seriously, as he discussed what really happened.)
hmm... I think there's something quite off at this bookshelf... (Said. Walter curiously, he then stepped closer towards the bookshelf.)

Just as walter was walking closer to the bookshelf, he kept looking around carefully until he turned a small sculpture's head around as the whole bookshelf moved aside to reveal a secret passage that leads to a small room.

Walter: bingo.. Alright everybody, let's go check in this room to find some more clues. (Said. Walter, as he led everybody down towards the small room.) Okay. Let's go check around every cabinet.
(Told. Walter, seriously. As he continued to look around the room hoping to find some clues.)

While the guests were looking for some clues, Annie stumbled upon a journal which was owned by Leon. Leon then snatched his journal from Annie.

Leon: Keep your hands off my journal. (Told, Leon anxiously as he quickly puts his journal back to the bookshelf.)

Annie: gosh sorry. (Apologized. Annie, as she helped the others to find clues.)

Just as Annie was about to walk to the other side of the room, another power outage suddenly happened. Everyone was startled by the second power outage, as Annie's scream can be heard from the room as her screams soon fade away. Everyone was scared by her screams as the power returned once again as Annie is now gone.

Edward: She's gone! (Shouted, Edward in distress.) Quick!

The rest then started running out from the room and returned up in the library itself but Annie wasn't in the area.

Edward: shoot! We lost her! (Yelled. Edward.) Now the culprit got her too!

Walter: as long as there's a murderer around on the loose! None of us are safe, alright, let's split up and search the mansion, You Orlando, you go search the basement with jack. And Steven and Pablo, you go team. And Carl, you go with Danny. Janet and Preston, you go on the team and search the attic. Frankie, you go with benny. And I will go on my own as well, and servants, can you guys keep an eye on bob? He's still unconscious. Alright, let's do this.

The pack now left the library and wandered around the mansion to look for Annie. As well as the servants who keep an eye on bob who was still unconscious. Meanwhile, Adam and Janet went to the attic as he opened the door, when he quietly opened the attic's door. He went up in the attic and looked around and didn't see any signs of Annie.

On the other hand, Orlando went to open the basement with jack as they called out Annie's name but, there was no sign of Annie around the basement. the two then went down to the basement and decided to check every corner of the room. Suddenly, the basement door slammed shut. Then the culprit slowly emerges from the shadows like a ghostly figure and quietly silenced jack by slashing his neck from behind, Orlando quickly opened his flashlight from the noise and saw jack laying dead as his neck had been slashed. Orlando then attempted to leave the basement but was killed also by getting shot by the culprit with a silenced pistol.

Next, Frankie is on her way into the garden room with benny, as the two looked around for any signs of Annie around the area. After they never find her, the two then head back inside safely.

Meanwhile, Walter was at the 4th floor of the mansion as he searched for annie in every room as he called for Annie in the hallway but there was no sign of Annie around as the search went on. Suddenly, Walter heard a scream coming from the other side of the hallway. Walter quickly ran across the hallway in zigzag before reaching the place where the scream had come from as when he arrived at the scene, he was horrified to see Annie lying dead on the floor outside Norman's bedroom. Walter quickly alarmed the rest of the group as they later arrived in the scene, and they all stared in fear with a mix of grief and horror as they now found,  Annie, lifeless. As walter examined Annie's corpse he noticed the knife that is impaled to Annie's back as he suspicion it.

Walter: Wait a minute.... Isn't that the same knife that killed Leopold Schmidt?

Edward: at first, I thought she was the killer because of her being so anxious.. (Said. Edward.) But who was really the killer?

Walter: I don't know, but for sure, if we don't find out who's the culprit before the storm lets up. We're all gonna be dead by morning. (Replied. Walter in a serious tone.)