38- It's Over, for Good

HEESEUNG'S POV;

The heat of the sun made my skin burn a bit. The bright sunlight made my eyes squint. Students were bustling from station to station, picking up several flyers. It was orientation day and it was always a busy day.

"It's gonna be my last year here, why did I have to tag along," I complained, walking with the boys. "We're here to support Niki, obviously," Sunoo sassily answered. "Incoming freshman, I'll tell you the basics," Jungwon says to Niki. 

"Shouldn't I be asking Heeseung if I have any questions? Dude's a senior here now," Niki says, a laugh breaking through. I playfully rolled my eyes. "Yeah, yeah, ask this old man if you have any questions."

The six of us guided Niki throughout the orientation to get him started for the upcoming school year. After two hours, the announcement called for a lunch break.

We headed to the food trucks and each ordered something we liked. We found a table to sit at under the umbrella to cool off from the blazing sun.

"Why didn't Y/n come?" Sunoo asked as he munched on his tteokbokki. My eyes flickered up from my food the moment I heard her name. "She was still asleep so why bother," Jay replied.

"What's left after this?" Niki asked with a mouthful of bungeoppang, a fish-shaped pastry stuffed with sweetened red bean paste. "Since the paperwork and introduction section are done, all that's left is the campus tour," Jake responded across from me.

Sunghoon clapped his hands together. "That's the best part. The campus is HUGE, so the tour will take some time but don't worry, it'll be fun."

"Over here are the maps in case you get lost," Sunoo points out and grabs one for Niki. The younger boy unfolded the map and his face contorted out of confusion. "It's pretty huge, but you'll get used to it after a few weeks," I tell Niki and pat his back.

We then showed him the dorm room entrance for the boys and girls, then went through several different classrooms, each different to fulfill everyone's majors.

"Okay, everyone! We're gonna play icebreaker!"

We all gathered in the main hall and shuffled in a circle. One person asked another a question and so on.

"Iseul are you back for good now?" Some girl asked. My eyebrows knitted together and my head lifted up. Iseul? She's here?

"Yeah, I'm back for good now," I hear her voice across from me. "Why'd you come back?" Another asked. "Ayyy, only one question!" Some other girl shouted out. Iseul giggled, "I'm back for someone."

"Someone?"

"Oh my, is it who I think it is?

"Isn't it Lee Heeseung? The fourth year?"

"You're right! They broke up three years ago."

"Didn't Heeseung get depressed or some shit?"

"Did they take a break? They were such couple goals."

Suddenly they were all talking about me. I hated that all eyes were on me. Everyone looked at me with eyes that looked like they were begging to know what happened to me and Iseul. My jaw tightened as my eyes wandered everywhere. My eyes froze the moment they landed on Iseul.

And she was looking right back.

The room felt hot. My face started to feel hot. Were my hands starting to sweat too? My ears began to defean out all the background noise. I didn't want to be here anymore. I needed air.

"Heeseung, are you okay?"

"Heeseung!"

I snapped out of my thoughts and looked over at Jake.