~ 21 ~

Finally was "Juleka Couffaine!" Juleka walked down the stairs with her confident smile, and once all of us were down on the floor all of us got swarmed. Oh dear. 

~

I was quickly separated from Nino, but that's the life of a Princess at the party. I was 'happily' talking to a bunch of men who had surrounded me to gas up their son's reputations and show me their pictures. I was offered a glass of sparkling non alcoholic champagne, which I took while listening to those around me, and really. . . really wished this was actually wine. Oh how I miss that part of being an adult. 

I was chuckling at these mens not funny at all jokes when I heard whispering, I looked at the source to see an albino looking male, but with glowing blue eyes in a very nice suit. Hm? 

Why does he look familiar, I half listened to the men in front of me and would occasionally glance his way in curiosity

Why does he look familiar, I half listened to the men in front of me and would occasionally glance his way in curiosity. I don't remember him from any of the worlds my niece loved, but he looked slightly similar to a character from the show my brother in law likes, but that really wouldn't make sense. . . 

Eventually the curiosity got the best of me, and I politely left the group of men surrounding me. I then walked over to the male who looked surprised to see me, I smiled at him, "hello there." 

He looked startled that I spoke to him before he awkwardly bowed to me, gently took my free hand in his own and gently kissed the knuckle of my hand, before he introduced himself, "it's a pleasure to meet you, I am Duke Zane Julien!" I gave him a little curtsy then we began chatting, but my mind was elsewhere. 

That's Ninjago, a fandom my Brother in law loves, my niece would watch it with him quietly, I know this because him and I watched it with her in my lap when she was a baby. . . I wonder if this world is pulling characters from all the fandoms that my past family once loved. . . 

What were their names again?

 . . . 

What did my niece look like? 

What did  my sister look like? What type of world am I in now? Why am I here? Who controls this world? . . . 

No! I can't let my mind spiral, not right now. Not at this party! I keep up the conversation with Zane until eventually we separate and I go cling onto Max since he is the first one I found. I guess he noticed I'm troubled cause a minute later he pulled me onto a vacant tarence where we can talk or just sit to cool down. 

After us sitting there quietly Max asks, "are you alright Chloe?"

I held my face in my hands for a moment then say, "I. . . honestly don't know Max, things have been popping up, and they've really been pullin me to a place I haven't been for a while." I heard my voice crack a little as I spoke to Max. 

I heard Max sigh, then heard him walking, and then I felt Max hug me gently. Max is the brainiac of the group, he has done everything to keep up with his own head, so I know he knows what I'm feeling right now, at least in some way. 

After a few minutes he let me go and we went back to the party, though I needed help standing back up straight because of how tight my corset it. I noticed all the rest of the Ninjago cast, but none were like their in show characters because they weren't raised the same, at least not here since I also saw all their parents. I even saw Garmadon, though he was younger, with a young Wu next to him. 

After a while I felt sluggish sine I haven't eaten anything this party, especially since I can't eat in this dress unless I wanna feel like I'm gonna blow a lung by making this corset any damn tighter. I saw Felix eat a sandwich so I walked over to him and he sighed before reluctantly handing me his hand which I took and bit so he now hand a teeth outline on his left hand, which he quickly covered with a black glove. 

He then looked at me, "feeling sluggish?"

"Yes, and now mad because I can't breath if I eat anything this party, can't even drink anything too heavy,"  I bitterly spat at him. Which he took like a champ, cause he can clearly see how my waist looks smaller than usual. So everyone expects me to be snippy, I'm hungry!

Shortly after that I danced with everyone from my friend group. 

The party drags on after that, and as I'm about to leave to change and raid the kitchen I hand enters my line of sight and I see Adrien in front of me. He says, "may I have this dance?"

I really wanna leave, but I can't reject Adrien otherwise there will be too many gossip columns will arise tomorrow. So I reluctantly took his hand and we began ballroom dancing. I noticed Adrien had a troubled look in his eyes, so I reluctantly ask, "what is on your mind?"

He looked hesitant then said, "is what you all said about Marinette true?"

". . . you heard that?" I looked at Felix who was currently surrounded, Nino who was currently trying to escape a conversation, then everyone else retired for the night! I need help. 

Adrien looked surprised, "you all didn't notice me?"

I say extremely quickly, "no, if we had known you were there we would have moved."

"Huh why?" Adrien actually looked confused by my statement. 

I looked at him, really looked at him, "Adrien, why do thing we stopped talking?"

Adrien's immediate response shocked me, "you were busy with Princess duties." . . . I never stomped on someone's foot as I just did Adrien's. I let out a huge scream as he curled around his foot, and I looked at him like he was a roach. These heels may hurt my feet but they are killer when they basically nail someone else's foot to the floor. . . I regret nothing.