'You lucky bitch...but I had math with Jeremy. He doesn't write like that. Looks like you've got an admirer outside of school.' She sends.

I groan, shutting my laptop. I barely associated with people outside of my school, so how on earth does this person know me?

My feet pad along my carpeted floor as I walk towards my stairs. My mother and father are sitting at our dining room table, drinking tea.

"Mom, Dad, I have a favour." I put on my best smile.

My dad glances up, "Oh no."

"Can I please be ungrounded for a week." I see my mom roll her eyes, so I quickly continue. "Just one! I just want to find out who sent the package!"

"Package?" My father raises his eyebrows.

My mom interjects, "Allison got a little gift from an unknown person."

My dad snorts, "and how do you expect to find them?"

"Well, Sophie knows a lot of people outside of school, it can't be that hard..." I trail off.

"The answer is no." My dad says.

"Why?"

"Because I said so."

I scoff, "Whatever." I storm back up to my room, plopping onto my bed.

'Mind doing some investigation on your own? My parents won't give me a week off.' I type quickly and angrily slamming my fingers down onto my keyboard.

'Ou, a mission. I'm on it. If he's not hot I'll send him away.'

'Please do' I replied.

I laugh quietly, exiting Facebook and trying to find something else to busy myself with.

Annoyance is clear in my room as my mother knocks on my door once again. I don't answer, pretending to be busy.

"Allison, I'm sorry. I know you're curious but your father is very strict with his punishments." She moves to take a seat on my bed.

I agree with her statement.

"He also doesn't want you getting hurt. That's why we have decided to take the box."

I shoot up from the bed. "What? You can't do that!"

"Sweetheart, please. It's for your own safety. Who knows who sent it!" She argues. She tries to be soothing by placing a hand on my shoulder but I shrug it off.

"That's not fair!"

"Life isn't fair." She counters, picking up the precious jewellery box.

"Bitch," I mumble.

She turns to me, "What was that?"

I roll my eyes and sit on my bed. "Forget it, you already know it anyways." I sneer.

She purses her lips, but walks out without another word. The box rattles in her hands, the pretty pink detailing fading from my vision as she leaves with it.

* * *

The next morning I feel hot and sweaty as I wake up in my bed. I wipe the crunchy sleep from my eyes before sitting to the edge. My back is hunched along with my spirit. I go to pick up my glass of water from my nightstand, my eyes widening at the jewelry box.

How did it get here? Did my mom have a change in heart? I touch the top, tracing the one word on it. I open it, a gasp falling fro my lips.

A pretty diamond necklace lay in it's glory on top of another note. I quickly reach for it, unfolding the paper.