34• Control

Isabella's POV:

Liam stood in front of me covered in blood. I dropped everything and rushed over to him and roamed my eyes all over his body to make sure that he okay, lucky it wasn't his blood.

My eyes searched his trying to figure out what what happened. His eyes looked guilty and hurt as he looked down at my brown ones.

"Are you okay? Why are you covered in blood Liam?" I asked waiting for an answer which only made him look down and closed his eyes.

"I killed him, he's dead."

Those words rang in my mind for a while. Should I be happy and celebrate or should I be sad? I mean yes he abused me and tried to rape me but there were times when he acted as a real father. Sure he wasn't perfect but he tried.

My eyes looked back at Liam's searching for an answer. I gently smiled at him and pulled him out of the kitchen to our room.

"Go get yourself cleaned up and come to bed." He did as I said without hesitation. A few more minutes he came out only in his black Tshirt and joggers. He looked so sexy in anything he wore. Seeing him out of his suit was like seeing another person.

He got in bed and looked at my eyes, taking time and studying me. My eyes softened as he looked at me. "Thank you." I pressed my lips to his. He understood what I was talking about.

"Please don't thank me for anything. I failed you. I didn't protect and I let him hurt you. If I didn't get there on time he wa- he was going to rape you." I looked down at our intertwined hands.

"But he didn't. You saved me Liam. I'm here because of you and I'll always be here. Now let's go to sleep." He lazily smiled then pulled me in his arms, putting his head in the crock of my neck falling asleep. I gently pressed my lips on his forehead and fell to a peaceful sleep.

Liam's Pov:

Her lips pouting in her sleep made her look like an angel. The way soft snores left her slightly parted lips. I took in a few more minutes before getting up to clean myself and make her breakfast, kissing her cheek before leaving the room.

I made sure that the food was ready answering a few emails on my laptop waiting for her. I cannot eat before her. While I answered the emails my mind took me back to last night.

~flashback~

After I left her sleeping, making sure that she was comfortable and safe. I made my way down to the basement where he was kept.

I walked down the dark hallway which was lit up by a dim light, the place smelling of rotting flesh and dried out blood. Entering the cell he was in, I smirked seeing the beautiful work my men had done. His face full of blood and cuts.

One of my men dropped a bucket of cold water making him jump in shock.

"You really thought you'd get any sleep huh?" Smirking as I looked down and his scared eyes with my hand in my pocket.

"Leave me alone!" He screamed.

"I'm afraid you've hurt the only person my heart beats for and no one touches my queen." I spoke making his eyes widen.

He let out a sarcastic dry laugh. "That slut is you queen of the Italian mafia huh! Don't lie to yourself just because she a good." My fist collided with his jaw with force making his head joint back.